Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a buddy going to look at a 1994 gt tomorrow morning, its an automatic and has roughly 130k miles. thats about all i know about the vehicle besides it has 0 mods. whatre some things i should look/listen for when i go with him tomorrow? any info will be greatly appreciated! oh, he's talked the guy down to $3000, providing everything checks out, does this sound like a fair price? thanks guys :D!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Make sure the AC works, turn the car on and see if the front end squeaks when you turn the wheel, see if there is any fluid/oil under the car, and listen for a tick in the valve-train.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So essentially the basics on any car then? No particular thing the 94-95 sn95's had go wrong? Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Id say just the regular stuff. Check fluids etc...make sure trans fluid doesn't smell burnt. I always like to get under cars to look for leaks etc...

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
check to make sure it still has the matching factory stickers on the the fenders, that should help determine if the front ends every been replaced, they should be located around the area that the fenders are bolted to the sub frame

also check for rust in all the usual spots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts