Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this for a friend who has no idea how a forum works lol. he is picking up an '07 Shelby GT which does not have navigation, and he wants to know if the factory unit is plug-n-play if he can get one out of another Mustang. if not, are there any install threads around here? I couldn't find one. he doesn't want to go with an aftermarket route because he likes the clean look of the OEM and how well the unit performs.

and the second question, he wants to put 07-09 GT500 front seats in it. since his GT has side airbags, and the GT500 has side airbags, would they have the same connector?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just had the NAV thing done today...if you don't take it to the dealer for the computer "reflash," certain features (lights, rear speakers, etc.) will not work.

I also did it for the clean, OEM look. I've got friends who have aftermarket Sat Radio and NAV systems and I don't like the looks of the aftermarket antennas.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I also did it for the clean, OEM look. I've got friends who have aftermarket Sat Radio and NAV systems and I don't like the looks of the aftermarket antennas.
The antenna can easily be hidden. I have mine mounted in the wiper cowl.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Most of the Ford double din nav units are compatable with our cars of the same year model. Here is a Ford fusion oem unit that looks great.

07 Ford GPS Navigation Radio Ford Fusion | eBay

I think the units in the explorers look really good too and they are consistently on eBay for around $600.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts