Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most people up north know, PA winters can be hell on a car. Since this is my daily it will be running in the snow. When winter hits the roads break, potholes form, plow trucks hit em and make em bigger, and to top it all off the road salt causes absolutely horrible corrosion on any vehicle. It Just eats holes in the body and rusts everything else.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the winter from tearing it up to much? Aside from spraying everything down to get the salt off twice a week in 15 degree weather. I want to keep this looking good since I am planning on starting a build next summer and want this car to last a long time. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Anti-rust.......always a good idea!!!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
check out this article it has a couple tips on things to do before winter. Preparing Your Vehicle For Winter | Tooldesk Automotive Tool Blog

as far as your driving you will just have to drive carefull to stay away from snow drifts. if you scrape your front on soft snow it will be fine it is just the ones that are hard. but definately check that article out. it has a lot of tips in it.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Another simple BIG thing that a lot of people over look...when it's cold, start the car and let it warm up before you drive off. It's better for the engine whether you have a 4 cyl, 6 cyl, 8 cyl, etc etc.

Just do you typical things. Make sure your heat works (cuz that'll suck if not), tires aren't bald, tires always have air. The cold air can cause your tires to loose air pressure so keep an eye on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts