Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So if any of you have been following me, I'm going to be getting a set of MAC ceramic coated long tube headers this weekend. They have similar flange connections as BBK, Pypes, etc. On AM website, I was looking into getting their SLP catted short X pipe, but it looks like it doesnt connect the same way the rest of the brands do. SLP's LT's look different from the rest too. Will the SLP X pipe work with the MAC headers?

Mac headers:

SLP headers:

SLP X pipe:

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
no i think for direct bolt in you need to use bbk or mac h/x pipe on those

·
Registered
890 Posts
Buy the noncated mid pipe then install it. Then transfer old cats from old midpipe to new 1

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I could do that but it would just require even more modifications, and then I wouldnt be able to sell my current BBK catted X pipe

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Or how hard would it be to make my current BBK X pipe fit the MAC longtubes?
i dont see why it would be to hard just cut and weld... maybe im wrong tho

·
Registered
760 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop and get flanges welded to the mid pipe.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go to an exhaust shop and get flanges welded to the mid pipe.
Idk how much that would cost but do you think it would just be cheaper to get the SLP and have flanges welded on or would it be cheaper to get the bbk pipe and call it a day?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Idk how much that would cost but do you think it would just be cheaper to get the SLP and have flanges welded on or would it be cheaper to get the bbk pipe and call it a day?
Not sure on price but it shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The cats have like a slip connection with clamps, so you cut out a piece of pipe and slide the cats on, then just tighten the clamps on each end. Save the piece of pipe you cut out and they are easily removable. That make sense?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts