Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Holley ultra 650 dp with mechanical secondaries, and for the life of me I just can't get it tuned right. I've read reviews where people have had problems with these carbs. So I'm currently looking at a new vacuum secondary carb, the one that really catches my eye is the new demon 625. I read reviews and so far everything is good. Has anyone here heard or used one? Here is a link
Demon Carburetion Street Demon Carburetors 1901 - Mobile SummitRacing.com

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I haven't used a Demon since Holley bought them. Do you know if they're the same design, or if Holley changed them?

I had 2 different Demon carburetors back before they sold, and I hated them. I couldn't get those things to run worth a damn, and I spent a lot of time trying. That said, I know a few guys that run them and are happy with them.

What problems are you having with the Holley? If you get a mechanical secondaries to work, you'll love them.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
what are you gonna do with the holley if you get that one?
what are you having trouble with?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has great wot performance and it idles good, but part throttle drivability sucks. It bucks and surges while cruising. I've tried different jets, different squirters, changed power valves and nothing helps. I'm not sure what ill do with the holley if I change it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well squirters have nothing to do with part throttle. Did you adjust the float level? what jets are in it?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I had 2 Demons a 575 Speed Demon & a 650 Mighty Demon, both carbs sucked!! I sold them & went with a Quick Fuel 650 Hot Rod series. It runs great, but is rich @ part throttle crusing. I've also changed everything from jets, power vavles, high speed air bleeds, etc. I'm now going with a EFI Spyder intake & Edelbrock 4 Bbl. throttle body, controlled with a Mega Squirt II! I've had my fill with carbs on my drivers!!

I personally wouldn't recommond a vacuum secondary car on a manual trans car. Every time you shift, you have to wait for the secondaries to open!

·