Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tube going from the exhuast (pass side) up to the EGR valve IS removed when an EGR delete happens correct?

bad news is I broke that tubing today.. so I think Im going to do an EGR delete and just get rid of the tube and the whole EGR set up.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yes that tube would be removed and the exhaust manifold capped. The EGR and mount would be removed and the lower intake manifold capped. Take off the DPFE sensor and the vacuum solenoid. Cap the vacuum port on the upper intake manifold. I wrapped the connectors with electrical tape and tucked them away.

·
Registered
730 Posts
hey im going to add to this thread because my egr is throwing a code and i would like to delete it but ive herd you have to do a tune for that?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
hey im going to add to this thread because my egr is throwing a code and i would like to delete it but ive herd you have to do a tune for that?
when i did mine i did not notice a difference in anything on the stock tune.

When i got my 91 tune i had the tuner factor that in, but i think it would be fine without a tune, at least for awhile.

·
Registered
730 Posts
yeah im pretty sure im loosing gas mileage but thats probably because of the crack in my manifolds and badd 02's lol

did it throw a code when u did it without factoring it into your tune??
im thinking im going to get the sct chip instead of a tuner for now because the budget just will not allow :(

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes it will throw a code but shouldnt affect the way it runs so as long as you dont mind the cel I bought mine from lethal performance btw

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I did not throw a CEL, but I never checked for a code.

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my computer because I did not get a CEL when I removed my cats. And then I get one for stupid things like changing my fuel pump. Lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL nice Southfour..

another quick question... as time is not permitting me to fully delte my EGR could I...

cut the tube from the exhaust manifold to the EGR and just cap both ends?

·
Registered
631 Posts
As long as you dont unplug it, i would think it would trick the ecm into thinking that its still funtioning properly so you should be able to get away with. Worse case possible is that it throws a CEL, but i've never seen a car go into limp mode with an egr only code anyway.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright cool.. not worried abou the CEL as I have the tuner to get rid of once they send me a new tune.. anyone know of links of others posted on EGR deletes.. been looking for pictures of where and what to cap, just cant find some of them (lower intake manifold capped... the DPFE sensor) and this:Cap the vacuum port on the upper intake manifold im pretty sure i know what to do on that one

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Send me the pipe that bolts to the EGR down to the Lower intake. Ill make you an EGR block off plate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts