Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received some new white-face gauges from billetdepot.com and they look great but the only problem is the redline on the tach is at 6800~ rpms whereas my GT gauges (which are obviously the stock gauges the car came with) redline at 5800~rpms...I first thought i had just ordered the wrong ones by accident but was going to just install them anyway, but i just looked on americanmuscle.com and the 99-04 GT gauges they have for sale also redline at 6800~rpms...my question is why do the GT gauges for sale off americanmuscle.com (as well as the ones I bought) redline at 6800~rpms and not 5800 like a stock 99-04 GT?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do you think its that big of a problem that the redline is at 6800 and not 5800..when pushing it hard i just have to know that the real redline is at 6k~ rpms...but i have seen some aftermarket gauges that do have the correct redline but i even looked at all the customer pics on the whiteface GT gauges for sale on americanmuscle.com and all of their gauges redline at 6800 too..i guess it might be just the "cool" factor..

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Just shift where you normally do. My redline is 5800rpm, but I shift at 6300rpm. I have a shiftlight aswell though.

But if you shift at 6000rpm, it wont be hard to see the needle at 6000rpm.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Btw, which ones did you get? The el glow, or reverse glow?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
so do you think its that big of a problem that the redline is at 6800 and not 5800..when pushing it hard i just have to know that the real redline is at 6k~ rpms...but i have seen some aftermarket gauges that do have the correct redline but i even looked at all the customer pics on the whiteface GT gauges for sale on americanmuscle.com and all of their gauges redline at 6800 too..i guess it might be just the "cool" factor..
Not really, just get a shift light

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Btw, which ones did you get? The el glow, or reverse glow?
I got the el glow ones...i liked the way the whole gauge glows like the 03/04 cobras...instead of just the number/letters...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...ill probably just end up getting a shift light eventually anyway...the raptor ones look pretty good...and there small which is a plus...

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I got the el glow ones...i liked the way the whole gauge glows like the 03/04 cobras...instead of just the number/letters...
Yeah those are the ones Im getting too. And I like the fact that it has a 6800rpm redline. Becasuse I shift at 6300, and for when I build the motor Ill be revving it higher. So good to know.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Oh, can you pick what color they light up? Like the picture shows like a blue color when they light up, can you change that?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, can you pick what color they light up? Like the picture shows like a blue color when they light up, can you change that?
Well i haven't installed them yet but your supposed to be able to..and they come with a switch where you can choose either "blue" or "green" and it comes with a dimmer switch...

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I love the el glows, but I wont buy one until I find one with the proper redline. If anybody finds the right one let me know :D

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Oh nice. Reps to Shaun :D

These look just like what I am looking for. So these are like the el glow gauges? Similar to the 03 cobra? The last thing I want is a cheap decal like many ebay set ups...

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think so, you can choose what color you want them to light up. So pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The ones I got from billetdepot.com though aren't what i expected they would like though...they don't come as one faceplate...they come as individual gauges connected together with the wires necessary to illuminate them...I guess this also allows them to slip on without having to remove the needles...im assuming they should still work fine though..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im going to try and install them tomorrow..ive never really installed anything like that myself..should it be a pretty easy install?

·
Registered
428 Posts
When people see your redline at 6.8k they'll be like, "wow this guy is a BALLER"

haha that **** made me laugh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts