Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to order from vvme.com and i just had a few last questions....

I want dual beam 6000K for the headlights this would be a 9007 bulb also...

What is the difference between the slim ballast kit they have thats output is 35W and the 55W kit? They say the 35W will last a little longer as well.

Also i want the single beam 6000K for the foglights this would be the 880 series bulb...

Would i notice a difference if i just put the 35W fogs in or should i pay the extra $20 and get the 55W's for the fogs???

Thanks guy im just trying to figure all this out so i can order.

Correct me if im wrong on any of this im a newb lol :D

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Go with the slim ballast. They are eaiser to place in a stealth install and consume less power. If I am not mistake, then 35W and 55W simply states the wattage the lights consume from the car. Therefore the less power consumption the better.

So, Slim Ballast and 35W would be the route to take.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
As far as I know, you will not. Both should be around 2900lumens in a 6k kit.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
the 55 watt will be slightly brighter and wash out the color a little more, so the 6000k in 35 vs 55 will be more blue. slim ballasts are digital where as the thick are analog. cars with warning lights that tell you when your lights are out need the fat ones, but for the stang it makes no difference. i went with the thick 55 watt 6000k on both my cars and they work great. for your fogs though i wouldnt go more then 35 watt, the stock is 26.7( or something like that) watts and you dont want to risk melting anything with the higher wattage.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else?? I want to order soon and want to make sure im all set...

Pics of 6 and 8K?????

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I have 5k in my car. 99% white, 1% 'diamond' white, NO yellow. Perfect for me.

But no pics :(

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
How did you get your light so evenly spread out? I'm thinking it's the different brands of headlights. I have aftermarket ones, and not Ford ones. The Ford ones tend to have a even pattern.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yeah mine are tilt like crosseyes. But then when you switch over to high beams it straightens out and it's perfect :dunno

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Nah, he's just a whore.

:shiftyeyes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts