Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm needing some 24lb'rs for my HCI Stroker build. I cant seem to find any confirmation on the connector. I pm'd ESG but he hasnt responded today. I believe its a EV6 but i'm not 100% on that. Can anyone confirm this. Yes I know I can get the EV1's and repin my harness to use EV1 connectors, but wheres the fun in that. I like plug and play when its applicable.Thanks again for any and all responses. Reps will be added.:confused:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try to make sense of all this: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/147956-brand-fuel-injectors-use.html

There's a bit of debate on what has EV1 and what has EV6 as far as Mustangs go :crazy
I know and its driving me nucking futs!!!:banghead

I need all the parts ready to go when i get home so my cars not down for too long. its already been 11 months and i only got to drive it for 1.5 before i left. Trying to save time anywhere i can in the build. I'll lose a good week or two to the machine shop.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm I'll keep poking around and see if I can find any definite answer
Thanks Buddy, I knew i could count on ya. Every time i search i get a diff. answer.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yeah I mostly find forum posts and it's just full of "oh it's EV1" followed by "no it's EV6" and never a definite answer. But.....

I did come across this article: Late Model Mustang Fuel Injectors - Mustang Monthly Magazine According to this 99+ models use EV6 fuel fuel. This is the only source I've found that seems to be confident about its claim. I'm going to look through my Hayne's manual and see if there's an answer in there.

Edit: Didn't find anything in my Hayne's manual :sorry

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I mostly find forum posts and it's just full of "oh it's EV1" followed by "no it's EV6" and never a definite answer. But.....

I did come across this article: Late Model Mustang Fuel Injectors - Mustang Monthly Magazine According to this 99+ models use EV6 fuel fuel. This is the only source I've found that seems to be confident about its claim. I'm going to look through my Hayne's manual and see if there's an answer in there.

Edit: Didn't find anything in my Hayne's manual :sorry
Yep, i brought that with me,dont know for sure but maybe the first one downrange,lol. And i would have swore i saw somewhere that the gt's use a diff. connector than us.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yep, i brought that with me,dont know for sure but maybe the first one downrange,lol. And i would have swore i saw somewhere that the gt's use a diff. connector than us.
I'm not sure but I was reading in one of those threads that the 4v engines use EV6 and the 2v engines use EV1. But of course nobody could agree on anything :eek:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After reading your link and looking at those injectors i'm pretty sure again it's an ev6. I'd just like to know for sure before i rake out the dough, and re-pinning can be a pita at times. darn pins are so small.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don't want to repin them, I think they make adapters to go either way.
Yeah i know, It'd just suck to buy it and not need it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Our cars are EV6, same as 03/04 cobras. GTs are EV1.

I think I have a set of adapters for going both directions floating around.

Reactions: qwiksilvermustang

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you sir, Rep added. McQ I rep'd you too!!!

Reactions: McQueen

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats Okay E, I repped you too.. Just cause you're cooler than the backside of my pillow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts