Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of mac longtubes and a short H locally that I'm thinking about buying.

Two questions.
1. Do longtubes sound better than stock shorties with the mac o/r ? I like the way my mac o/r sounds.
2. Are longtubes louder ? My car is damn loud already.
3. How hard is the install on an auto? Something I can do myself?

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) They can be a bit of a bitch, especially with the auto (some require some "modification" to fit)

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
A sawzaw lol

That was my modification..

On passenger side I had to cut a chunk out of the trans that stuck out... No biggie, no damage or any problem.

That is with pacesetters though

·
Registered
398 Posts
I found a set of mac longtubes and a short H locally that I'm thinking about buying.

Two questions.
1. Do longtubes sound better than stock shorties with the mac o/r ? I like the way my mac o/r sounds.
2. Are longtubes louder ? My car is damn loud already.
3. How hard is the install on an auto? Something I can do myself?
1. yes they sound better(deeper) idle to 2.5k than stock. after that its all rasp like stock.

2. depends on which mufflers u are running but the h pipe wont be as loud as divorced duals. had a friend wit oem headers divorced duals and 50s flows and he was alot louder than mine

3.install wasnt that bad on mine(5spd) didnt have a problem wit the pass side. had to work around the steering shaft on driver side.

side note: the lt's hang down lower than the stock pipe so if the car is lowered u have to be careful. i have about 4" of clearance :D

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
I thought about em, but just a heads up, lowest he'll go for the LT's are 250. That's a grab if you're interested.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. I'm actually running his Mac O/R h right now, which I'll be selling if I get the longtubes.

His car is pretty nasty, m112 swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts