Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be better to have my o/r hpipe welded up or just bolt it on?!?

also i have the pypebombs (almost identical to the SLP for reference), with the o/r h, do you guys think it will sound good and loud?

loud is the objective! oh and not doing LT headers just yet!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i wouldn't have it welded for the simple reason of possibly needing to put your stocker back on for inspection there in texas.

it will be pretty loud w/ the deletes also, but may have some drone. if you want louder get an o/r X pipe

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want LOUDER but with the deep sound...i'm worried the x will be raspy!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It will definitely be loud... honestly I dont think you can really get a very deep sound with these engines they need more displacement. Catted H-pipe would probably be deeper than uncatted. My exhaust was really deep with the violators but once I put on the O/R H-pipe it got loud as hell and lost of some of deep rumble at higher rpms. Its sexy at idle though.

Personally I would go with bolt on. They seal up just fine if you get a good kit and you can easily remove them if you dont like it and want to switch to something else or pass emissions.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
I want LOUDER but with the deep sound...i'm worried the x will be raspy!
Pro-chamber or gtfo!

I kid.

But srsly, pro-chamber or gtfo.

·
Registered
503 Posts
pro-chamber for bass bro. And I would use clamps as opposed to welding incase you need to change because of tickets or whatever.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
prochamber is 400, and as much as i want to drop 400 on it, i just rather get the o/r hpipe

and if i REALLY dislike the sound, ill sell it for a bit of a loss and go prochamber!

but from all the videos i've seen, nice and loud and deeper sounding with the o/r h

·
Registered
961 Posts
if you're getting a pypes o/r h, its not a bad idea to get it welded where it clamps together at the h and in the middle of the legs. DO NOT get it welded to your catback or headers tho. i bought my o/r h used, and the previous owner had it welded at the h and legs because he said it was leaking a lot. and yes, your car will be loud, deep, and sound pissed off with o/r h and pype bombs, i have that exact setup, you'll love it. here's a clip. sorry its not edited, action and 0:20 and 1:25

P.S. it doesnt drone much worse than it does with the stock h. it only gets loud when you step on it. and whatever you do, dont put an o/r x with pype bombs, it sounds like raspy ****.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you're getting a pypes o/r h, its not a bad idea to get it welded where it clamps together at the h and in the middle of the legs. DO NOT get it welded to your catback or headers tho. i bought my o/r h used, and the previous owner had it welded at the h and legs because he said it was leaking a lot. and yes, your car will be loud, deep, and sound pissed off with o/r h and pype bombs, i have that exact setup, you'll love it. here's a clip. sorry its not edited, action and 0:20 and 1:25

YouTube - MUSTANG GT Pypes Pype Bombs with O/R H

P.S. it doesnt drone much worse than it does with the stock h. it only gets loud when you step on it. and whatever you do, dont put an o/r x with pype bombs, it sounds like raspy ****.
sweet i JUST watched that video a day ago looking for clips so i could make my decision!

I'm set on the o/r h, but i have a question, i can get the pypes o/r for like 186 or get the pacesetters for 145......its just bent piping but different material...one is alum and the pypes is the steel...

suggestion?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
if you're getting a pypes o/r h, its not a bad idea to get it welded where it clamps together at the h and in the middle of the legs. DO NOT get it welded to your catback or headers tho. i bought my o/r h used, and the previous owner had it welded at the h and legs because he said it was leaking a lot.

I may end up doing that with mine. Bought mine used with the hangars cut off and I got a guy who welded some on for $20 cash... I could probably get him to weld the H clamp and other two spots. You can really hear it when I get on it... I may try to get someone to rev my car when im beside it and see if I can hear it or not... but its a cheap and easy fix just to weld it anyways.

·
Registered
503 Posts
yer not gonna be able to weld steel to aluminum

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yer not gonna be able to weld steel to aluminum
yeah i've already ruled out welding! just bolt it up so i can switch if i need too!

·
Registered
503 Posts
good choice. I would also recommend listening LIVE to all three setups(x,h,prochamber) before making a descision. It'll save you some coin in the long run. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good choice. I would also recommend listening LIVE to all three setups(x,h,prochamber) before making a descision. It'll save you some coin in the long run. Best of luck.
i wish i could....i don't know any stangs in the area that run slp or pypebombs with any of aftermarket midpipe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts