Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so yesterday I took my car to Ford to have him take a look at it and just see what kind of shape everything is in. Well it checked out good but it appears I scored some freebies. He pulled my car out and ended up giving me 03 Cobra front and rear rotors and pads that were barely used and some JBA headers. Now my question is this, With those rotors will I need to get new calipers as well or just brackets for the gt calipers? Thanks for your help!

James

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
You'll need the Cobra/Mach 1/Bullit calipers, brackets, and line. The Cobra rotors are bigger than the stock GT front rotors. The Cobra's are 13" in the front and 11.65" in the rear.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You'll need the Cobra/Mach 1/Bullit calipers, brackets, and line. The Cobra rotors are bigger than the stock GT front rotors. The Cobra's are 13" in the front and 11.65" in the rear.
+1

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Dude, I need to move where ever you are...I would love to score some "freebies"...

Like JBA headers...

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you have stock stuff on your car alot of times when dealerships get a car with aftermarket exhaust they will swap you the aftermarket for the stock stuff so they can sell the cars on their lot. You just need to know who to talk to at the dealership.

I know quite a few people that have gotten free exhaust from dealerships for their stock stuff =)

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Man, time for me to get in good with the dealers around here...

Sorry, James, Cali isn't my style...unless you can give me free parts! lol

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
If you have stock stuff on your car alot of times when dealerships get a car with aftermarket exhaust they will swap you the aftermarket for the stock stuff so they can sell the cars on their lot. You just need to know who to talk to at the dealership.

I know quite a few people that have gotten free exhaust from dealerships for their stock stuff =)
:yes this was pretty common with o/r midpipes when I was working at ford. Theyd usually just take them off and throw them off to the side not thinking twice about them. If you ask you might be able to come across a good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts