Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
I've been driving for... well, a very long time, I've never used either.
What makes you think you need that?? Just curious.

I believe that if you change your oil at least semi religiously, and use good quality fuel ( hard not to ) then there really is no need for either. Just my opinion. But I do dump a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner in the tank from time to time.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just seachin around readin old threads.
and my friend called me said he had put the zmax in his car. and it spit out black smoke..
i was like O_O what.. so started doin more reading and was interested.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Seafoam works wonders for cleaning out carbon. Try it with the vacume line method and prepare for some pissed off neighbors when you smoke out half the damn neighbor hood!

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
You pull off a vacuum line and stick it in the bottle, let it suck the seafoam in. Let it suck in a chunk of the bottle then get in the car and rev it, drive it, whatever, just dont **** yourself when all you see in your mirror is a healthy cloud of white smoke.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
I've been driving for... well, a very long time, I've never used either.
What makes you think you need that?? Just curious.

I believe that if you change your oil at least semi religiously, and use good quality fuel ( hard not to ) then there really is no need for either. Just my opinion. But I do dump a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner in the tank from time to time.
I agree.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I might run some seafoam in mine next oil change. I too believe if you take good care of your car,,and run good fluids, they are probably not necessary,

,,but,,,

everything will build up carbon over time, can't be stopped
&
if you didn't own the car from day 1 (like me,,just acquiring a gt with 70k miles on the clock), it might be a good idea to run a can through. I've used it before on a couple vehicles,,,the smoke is cool,,,might be my imagination but the cars always seem to run smoother afterwards. (could be my imagination),,but they don't run worse :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I put the vacume line in and I let it suck it in a little at a time. Have some one else revving the car just enough to keep it running but nothing crazy. Then about just over half a bottle I shut the car off and let it sit for like 10 minutes. Then I start it back up and enjoy the show lol. Just make sure the motor is good and warm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts