1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
What do you mean by wheel hubs? Rotors?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
No. The 4 cylinder rotors are smaller than the V8 and i believe the bearings are a different size. The caliper mounts wont match up either.

If you are swapping spindles so you can use 87-93 V8 struts, you will need a pair of 87-93 V8 spindles, rotors, and the calipers.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
83-86 v8 spindles,rotors, calipers are the same as 87-93 4 cyl spindles, rotors,calipers.

But 87-93 v8 spindles, rotors, calipers are different from what i listed above.

Wheels should fit them all

Im not sure when it comes to 79-82... every thing seems to ge different for those years..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the problem is I converted the car from 2.3 to 5.0 its on the original 4 cylinder brakes, I am currently in the middle of coil overs tube k member and tube a arms with racecraft 2" drop spindles. I really wanna stay 4 lug because of my wheels. And I can't find 4 lug hubs anywhere that press onto the spindle. So I was thinking I would have the ones pressed off my 4 cylinder spindles and swapped on to the racecrafts.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Just curious...which k-member did you go with?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Qa1 with qa1 a arms caster camber plates and strange 10 way adjustable struts with the strange coil over kit.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
What the hell are you talking about when you say hubs, dude? Fox's have a spindle, and rotor with built in hub. Our lug studs are feixed in the rotors, not in a seperate hub like the newer five lug cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I guess im a little lost I was under the impression that the all the parts were seperate and needed to be pressed in like the newer style. So just rotors and wheel bearings are all I will need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts