Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do regular, non O/R X or H pipes fit on L/Ts? More specifically, Pacesetter L/Ts?

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Are the legs detachable? Or is it all in one? If you're selling the current one and getting a new one, get a shorty o/r x pipe.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
In my experience, a Pypes X pipe for stock manifolds doesn't fit headers unless you buy new legs and cut them up. The actual X parts are different lengths as well. Not sure about other brands. I'd be willing to bet that with a sawzall and a welder, you could make them fit.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Pcesetter makes a catted H-pipe for their LT's. Last time I checked with them though they were waiting to do a production run and didn't have any stocked. That was a few months ago. I think if you buy your headers from stage3 they have a drop down box when ordering the mid-pipe and it is an option. But I know for sure that Pacesetter makes one.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Just a heads up.
Mvpautoparts.com has them cheapest I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Stage3 will price match and free shipping.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
best way to get a great price and great service is to price match. usually the cheapest price is from a less than reputable vendor

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what I was planning on doing, stage 3 is my new mod parts site.

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
Pacesetter H pipe is super simple and you could quickly fabricate one yourself to match any system. Quality x-pipes are a little more difficult to fab and require you to be able to weld stainless to copy the better ones. I've heard it's hit or miss getting headers to match with a different brand mid-pipe. Although you could modify any system to work with the Pacesetter, including stock, as long as you can weld.

If you can't weld, or don't know someone, safest bet is to buy the pacesetter H pipe unless someone can verify something else fits up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts