Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the inside of my hood there is a sticker that says Superchips, anyone know what this could be for? Thanks

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
your computer could have a chip in it. i couldn't get my tuner to work for the longest time until i realized my computer had a chip in it. it was also a superchip

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
yeah, you might have a chip on your car.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
superchips is a brand of performance chip. if your car's computer has one then it will be like using a handheld tuner to increase performance.. kind of. look at chips on americanmuscle or something and read about them. an installation guide will also tell you how to locate it so you can see whether or not one is currently in it. should be up under your dash on the passenger side. if you ever buy a tuner you'll have to remove that chip if there is one

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
It should be barbecue flavored if it is a superchip.

:shiftyeyes

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I've heard super chips suck

Chill out, its the internet bro!

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
I don't know why everyone is giving this guy such a hard time. He could be like most of the other people who have no idea what a chip, let alone, tune is.

Rather than ragging on him and making him feel like an idiot the 3 people above who literally 'wasted' their time typing 11 replies could have have just told the guy the following.

This is where you'll most likely find the chip IF it is still installed.

This is in the bottom right kick panel on the passenger side of the car on the PCM.

Chips are used as a method of tuning the car. Often times however, people remove the tune/chip and return the car to stock before selling. So there's a possibility that the superchip was removed and the previous owner simply forgot to remove the sticker under the hood.

If you're unfamiliar with tunes. Go here.

How Tuning Works

1 - 14 of 14 Posts