Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does computer on the car keep track on like the highest speed the car has gone. Or does it reset everytime the car is turned on or off (like does the memory erase that every time the car is started up.)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
+1

why, doesn't your speedo work?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1

why, doesn't your speedo work?
i mean like say like u got say 100mph can say like the shop check and see the fastest u have gone?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I cant remember if it shows top speed, i know it shows the top revs and a few other things. I was looking through it one day when my dad was checking a CEL for me.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
our cars comp can't tell that........the 99+ can

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But they can tell the top rev, i do know that.....[/quote
ya but like that doesn't really say anything really cause mines auto so ya..
+ i could just like say i need to floor it to avoid an a collison

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
But they can tell the top rev, i do know that.....
u mean ur car can tell when it's been revved to hi and shut off?

a rev has nothing and everything to do with the tops speed of a car......just cause the comp shut off doesnt mean u were doing 150mph

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
u mean ur car can tell when it's been revved to hi and shut off?

a rev has nothing and everything to do with the tops speed of a car......just cause the comp shut off doesnt mean u were doing 150mph
No, im just saying that the, not exactly sure what its called, OBD II Checker?lol can tell you the highest rev. Long story short, let a friend drive my car, it somehow overreved and broke a already worn heater hose, and it showed that it hit something like 67xx rpms. And to this day i dont know why the limiter didnt kick in.

I was just saying that it does log some things.....not sure what though.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, im just saying that the, not exactly sure what its called, OBD II Checker?lol can tell you the highest rev. Long story short, let a friend drive my car, it somehow overreved and broke a already worn heater hose, and it showed that it hit something like 67xx rpms. And to this day i dont know why the limiter didnt kick in.

I was just saying that it does log some things.....not sure what though.
ya but i'm not to worried about the rpms

as long as it dosn't read top speed

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
yet another one of ur posts that shows ur age lmao....j/k dude...i dont know if it does or not im just whoring this thread up for everyone....if it makes you feel better when i first got my car i got in trouble and my dad took it away for 2 weeks...well i drove it everyday and i thought he had no idea but he checked my miles.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
if your dad said hes gonna check it, then i wouldnt doubt if he had it chipped. theres so many things out there now that monitor kids in cars. if he did have it chipped than your fed in the a. it can tell where youve been, how fast you went, for how long, etc..

big brothers watchin you:O

·
Registered
67 Posts
ya i know but like my dad said he might check it one day ...
First young gun tell your dad that I love the way he thinks.:D Second stop street racing your car before you get yourself in trouble or god forbid worse:mad:. Save the racing for the track where it is safer to race. I own a shop and yes he can check and the computer will store the top speed the car has been run and will also record if you are banging it off of the rev limiter.

Last but not least LISTEN TO YOUR DAD!:yes I know sometimes you might think he is crazy but he is only looking out for whats best for you. Tell him he needs to give you money to race your car at the track and then take him with you and he will be hooked.:woot

Concerned Father:blah

·
Registered
187 Posts
First young gun tell your dad that I love the way he thinks.:D Second stop street racing your car before you get yourself in trouble or god forbid worse:mad:. Save the racing for the track where it is safer to race. I own a shop and yes he can check and the computer will store the top speed the car has been run and will also record if you are banging it off of the rev limiter.

Last but not least LISTEN TO YOUR DAD!:yes I know sometimes you might think he is crazy but he is only looking out for whats best for you. Tell him he needs to give you money to race your car at the track and then take him with you and he will be hooked.:woot

Concerned Father:blah
+1
tell him to get a stang and come with you.
i love beating my dad at the track. his 05 is the pretty one, but i got the balls;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts