Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be throwing a set of 4.10's into my buddies '07 on saturday, just wondering if there's anything i need to know that makes this different than 94-04 cars? I've done 4 gear installs on 94-04's but never messed with an s197. As far as i know the only difference as far as dissassembly is that i'll have to remove the panhard rod correct? is that pretty simple to take off?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I'm going to be throwing a set of 4.10's into my buddies '07 on saturday, just wondering if there's anything i need to know that makes this different than 94-04 cars? I've done 4 gear installs on 94-04's but never messed with an s197. As far as i know the only difference as far as dissassembly is that i'll have to remove the panhard rod correct? is that pretty simple to take off?
Yep...pan hard bar is it.

The diff is the same 8.8 as 94-04...nothing special in the S197.

Mark (clock) your driveshaft / pinion interface so it goes back together the same to avoid vibration. That's about it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Never done this install by myself before, but the other day I found some good PDFs about the install on the 2007 here.. check out these 3 PDFs that I zipped into one file. Hope they may help

http://www.zerohourmetal.net/rear.zip

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've got all the info i'll need in the form of the ford book and all the ford tools. thanks for the link tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts