Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy wants to sell me his dr gas mid pipe for 40 bucks from his 97 cobra.. he said it will fit my car is this true????

i need to know asap!~!~~ this is a steal if so! if u have to email me at [email protected] or myspace www.myspace.com/red96ta to get in touch with me asap

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
for some reason im thinking know give me a minute

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well as far as midpipes go, it says on mac when ordering a prochamber you have to order it for a 99-04 and 96-98s are seperate, i dont think it fits

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy told me it would fit.. said all hes owned is 4v cars.. crap..

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so can anyone direct me to dr gas o/r x for ' stock ' manifolds????????? PLEASEEE

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dr Gas is manufactured by Pro-Motorsports out of Sandy Utah. He is the originator of the X-pipe and builds the best X-pipe in the business. He is a little pricey, so $40 is a deal if it fits, This is the unit that all the Nascar guys use. He has slowly built his business and is a very good engineer when comes to building innovative products. You can go to www.pro-motorsports.com or you can go directly to Dr.Gas I've bought a lot stuff from these guys for my 67 Coupe vintage race car. I also than their 3 1/2" X-Pipe on my Boss 302 with side exit exhaust. I highly recommend them.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tryed the drgas website but i cant find anything for the mach and on stock manifolds..

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the promotosports link u gave me took me to some atv page lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
Okay the link works now. Dr Gas also makes kits to build your own and that maybe what the guy is trying to sell you. I Built (welded) my own 3 1/2" version for my Boss 302.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay the link works now. Dr Gas also makes kits to build your own and that maybe what the guy is trying to sell you.

well i went and looked at it. its the whole mid pipe. looks a little old and had a dent in it with about a needle sized hole inside the dent. my step dad said he can pop the dent out with a dent puller and spot weld the hole back up and be alright. i figured for $40 this would be a great deal. but i dont want anything that im gona have to cut and ' rig ' to fit. i want something thats gona bolt up like its supposed to. so if it doesnt fit for my car then it just doesnt fit i guess

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Dr Gas is manufactured by Pro-Motorsports out of Sandy Utah. He is the originator of the X-pipe and builds the best X-pipe in the business. He is a little pricey, so $40 is a deal if it fits, This is the unit that all the Nascar guys use. He has slowly built his business and is a very good engineer when comes to building innovative products. You can go to www.pro-motorsports.com or you can go directly to Dr.Gas I've bought a lot stuff from these guys for my 67 Coupe vintage race car. I also than their 3 1/2" X-Pipe on my Boss 302 with side exit exhaust. I highly recommend them.
Hope this helps
sorry man, the hooker x pipe recently proved to be the best flowing on the market

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really love the dr gas SOUND.. so far i havent heard anything that comes close to it..... do any of you guys know of anything thats really really close to what im looking for? im not sure really how bassani sounds bc every clip i find they have headers and cam and **** on their car so its hard to determin but i have bassani mufflers already so....

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if you cant find a DR.gas x pipe, bassani sounds awesome, and so does a prochamber

·
Registered
682 Posts
An X-pipe isn't just about flow. It's all about its' scavenging ability and at what pulse rate. There are several versions of the X-pipe out there with varying angles.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i think bassani is my second choice . dr gas would REALLY be ****in nice.. i want it soo bad ive heard so many sound clips of it with bassani catback and let me tell u what.. its amazing.. but aparently dr gas dont want me to buy his **** so **** him in the azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! lol jk, rage!!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
yes they will fit... well... i know that a x pipe from a 96-98 gt will fit a 99+ gt... the only thing is that on the drivers side manifold there are some washer looking things on the studs that either have to be grinded off or new studs put in... the studs keep it from sealing up to the manifold.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i guess im just gona buy a new one if i can ever find a place that sells drgas o/r x for stock manifolds

1 - 20 of 38 Posts