Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i ordered gears/sct combo and had the tunes made for my stock gear ratio cause im not sure when my gears will get installed... the question i have is once i get 4.10s installed do i have to get a email tune for the 4.10s or can i change it myself on the tuner with out messing up rest of custom tune cause i had rear o2s and traction control shut off

- Sent from the cellular

·
Registered
255 Posts
Youv gotta order new tunes. Not a big deal, they just add to the tunes they've already written for you. Assuming this is coming from AM.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youv gotta order new tunes. Not a big deal, they just add to the tunes they've already written for you. Assuming this is coming from AM.

Aww ok dang lol would be easyer if they had a few options you could change yourself like gear ratio and tire size

- Sent from the cellular

·
Registered
33 Posts
You won't have to order new tunes. When you plug in the tuner, its gonna ask you which tune you want to upload, then it will ask a question about changing engine settings or something to that effect. Select yes. Then you can go into other options, gear ratio is one of the options. You can also change rev limiters, speed limiters etc....

Just went thru the whole menu the other night, so I know its in there.

Good luck!! You will love the tuner by the way!!

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't have to order new tunes. When you plug in the tuner, its gonna ask you which tune you want to upload, then it will ask a question about changing engine settings or something to that effect. Select yes. Then you can go into other options, gear ratio is one of the options. You can also change rev limiters, speed limiters etc....

Just went thru the whole menu the other night, so I know its in there.

Good luck!! You will love the tuner by the way!!
Cant wait gets here tomorrow hurry up ups

- Sent from the cellular

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yep, I think you can change the gear ratios in the tuner itself. Also, don't forget your rear tire diameter if you changed that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Medic is probably right. AM tells you not to select engine options when flashing a tune, and I never have. When I get home I'll plug mine in and see what happens if you do. I've never dug into the tuner and they didn't give me a booklet. Maybe they're tryin to save trees or something?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Medic is probably right. AM tells you not to select engine options when flashing a tune, and I never have. When I get home I'll plug mine in and see what happens if you do. I've never dug into the tuner and they didn't give me a booklet. Maybe they're tryin to save trees or something?

I only discovered it because they say never push that button. Of course, when someone says that, you gotta push it!!

Theres a bunch of stuff in there, like trasmission shift points, spark advance, gear ratios, etc...i guess they just dont want people messing with stuff.....

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only discovered it because they say never push that button. Of course, when someone says that, you gotta push it!!

Theres a bunch of stuff in there, like trasmission shift points, spark advance, gear ratios, etc...i guess they just dont want people messing with stuff.....
Guess whos gonna push the button!!!

- Sent from the cellular

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
I had the same question and I called AM to get the answer straight from the horses mouth.

Zack/Zach that I spoke with said that I wont need new tunes after I change out my gears from stock to 373s. Was told I can change it through the tuner itself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts