Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, I have the SLP LM II catback and stock H pipe and I like how it sounds with little to no rasp. AM has these SLP catted X on sale till midnight and I have a coupon for an additional $65 off. So for $285 shipped, should i just pull the trigger? Will I see any gains in performance, exhaust volume, raspyness etc.....???

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
SLP stuff is great quality, as long as you leave the cats that come with the kit alone, you'll be quite happy with the sound (I had the same set up, SLP catted x & LM2's on my car at one time) & while too quiet for me it did sound good.
I'd say go for it at that price (just be shure to install it EXACTLY the way the instructions tell you or it will leak)

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
not for an 01'.
you may need MIL eliminators/tune though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
$285 for a catted midpipe is pretty damn good. I paid just under $400 for my bassani xpipe and that was actually on the cheaper side compared to the rest of the prices out there. If you're still running your factory hpipe then yea, you should definitely jump on this before its too late

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great, thanks casper...the trigger has been pulled. And if I get buyer's remorse in the morning, I could always make the 30min drive to AM to return it. ;)

From what I've heard, the passenger side manifold bolts are the biggest PITA when installing mid pipes , correct?

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
great, thanks casper...the trigger has been pulled. And if I get buyer's remorse in the morning, I could always make the 30min drive to AM to return it. ;)

From what I've heard, the passenger side manifold bolts are the biggest PITA when installing mid pipes , correct?
yes & no, with the SLP kit, they give you bolts to replace the driverside studs, my studs came right out, but sometimes they can be a pain.
make shure to buy an O.E. pass. side gasket from Ford & you'll be all set.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Is this the manifold gasket I need to insall my x-pipe? And does the driver side not use a gasket because it a different type flange?

Felpro/Exhaust Flange Gasket (61203) | Exhaust Flange Gasket | 2001 Ford Mustang GT 8 Cylinders X 4.6L SFI SOHC | AutoZone.com
My SLP catted X came with a new manifold gasket and it seems to work just fine.

Casper a catted X and LM2's were too quiet for you? Finally someone else who likes it loud lol.
^ I'm with you. I'm running an SLP catted X and LM1s and it's just about perfect for me. As an aside, my Bama tune significantly changed the way my exhaust sounds (for the better). A/F ration must have been a little off and was corrected with the tune or something....

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yes, you can take care of it with your tuner. I didnt know you had a tuner so I threw the MIL's out there:)
It's also possible that the CEL won't come on. I've been running SLP's high-flow cats for several months now without throwing a code.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts