Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my question is what is the largest tire i can fit in the back of my car.
I'm not into low pro tire's and i'm not lowering my car for certain reason's.
So what size rim's can i run with a large tire? Oh and i'm going with just a street tire.
thank's

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
if your talking width i have seen people squeeze a 335 tire with the fenders rolled and the quad shock removed. height, i would not go over a 28 inch tire

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
a 315/35/17 is pretty wide, and equivalent to the stock tire's height and sidewall. You can run 335s like stal mentioned, but a BFG will run wider than say, Nitto, So a 315 BFG will be another tire to look into.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I'm with them...315's don't leave you much room either but 335's will squeeze in...they look cool but I think I'd stick with 315's

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The 335 will fit but the recommended widest tire size for a 10.5 wide rim are the 315's.

Personally, the 315's are awesome and are wide enough without causing rubbing issues.

·
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I should of made that little bit more clear, im not looking for width i know i can fit a 315 back there.
I'm talking about height, since im not lowering the car i was kinda looking at 15 and 16 inch rim's but I don't know what size's i can run.
And I was hoping someone here had done the same thing.
If i can remember corectly stal didn't you run a 15in rim?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
since your not lowered you can go with a 15x10 wheel and a 28x13x15 tire if you can find a street tire close to that

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
looking at your mods i would not go with a 28 inch slick, you dont make enough power to require a slick that large and it will slow you down. i would run a small 26x10x15 tire and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
looking at your mods i would not go with a 28 inch slick, you dont make enough power to require a slick that large and it will slow you down. i would run a small 26x10x15 tire and call it a day.
Not even his 100 shot ;)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
He doesnt want slicks, he just wants a street tire

·
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guy's for the help now i kinda know what to look for.
as far as the nitrous i actually sold it to my brother, I'm looking into some f/i option's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts