Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the valve covers off of a 98 fit my 03? Im asking because my buddy has a set from his 98 and i want to paint them and swap them out.

·
Too broke
787 Posts
yes they will bolt on, just have to verify which side the pcv and oil filler is on

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
K1w1
941 Posts
Count the number of bolt holes. From memory non-PI is 10, PI is 11 (stand to be corrected).

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
how many bolts do they have? Windsors have 13, Romeos have 11... your 03 is a Romeo

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks my buddy just told me they his had 11. Any suggestions as to what color i should paint them my car is dsg.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
on a shade of gray/silver car like yours you're limited on colors, you could do body color but it might be hard to really see and take advantage of, or another color that looks good on that color type car would be wrinkle blue. whenever I see silver cobras with aluminators that have the wrinkle blue vc's they look great.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
i am going to paint my valve covers and intake mineral gray, i think it would look good if you painted yours DSG to match too! :yes

·
K1w1
941 Posts
how many bolts do they have? Windsors have 13, Romeos have 11... your 03 is a Romeo
Thanks for the clarification, didn't think I had it quite right!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dsg would be cool but it only pops in the direct sunlight so it would just look like a dull grey unless you take the hood off. I was thinking ford blue or a metalic blue.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
its the little things that i think looks the best. blue/red valve covers are a dime a dozen IMO. same goes for the brake calipers :yes

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I'm gettin ready to do this too :) sonic blueeee

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might do a black cherry red i still dont know its just too hard to mad these stupid 2v look good. Has anyone done any crazy colors like neon green or yellow?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I might do a black cherry red i still dont know its just too hard to mad these stupid 2v look good. Has anyone done any crazy colors like neon green or yellow?
please no. not unless you have other things to match. even then, i dont know lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
please no. not unless you have other things to match. even then, i dont know lol
Nothing will match thats the problem. I could paint my intercooler pipe to match my valve covers but idk. I might go with a super jet black with a nice clear coat just to clean up my engine bay a little.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Nothing will match thats the problem. I could paint my intercooler pipe to match my valve covers but idk. I might go with a super jet black with a nice clear coat just to clean up my engine bay a little.
Jet black would look good :yes but I am still on bored with dsg :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts