Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday my car died. No big deal. I jumped it off, engine was flooded drove it around a bit. Turned it off turned it back on, ran fine. Then i go to roll up the window..my driver side is no longer auto going up only going down... so wtf?

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
You have to reset your window switch. I think the procedure is in your owners manual.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Roll it all the way down and keep the switch depressed for 2 seconds, then roll it all the way up and keep holding it for 2 seconds and that should do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome i will try that, i dont have my manual so thats big help.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
yeah the windows go crazy sometimes. on occasion mine will roll up with the flick of the switch like its supposed to, but instead of going up it will hit the top and bounce off and go back down. lols

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
check for other things out, do you remember a side marker or something little like that, that had been out for a while??

I had a side marker out for about a week; nbd, Ill get to it... Well, one evening returning home... my car in the driveway, alarm set, both headlights on :eek: I check, door still locked... check house... keys where I left them.

pulled battery cables

Reconnect next morning everything fine; for a couple days.

right headlight ONLY is on???

No codes, no diagnosis... figure no better time to replace sidemarker.

ALL problems solved :yes

Double check some little things; a dime possibly in 12v in center console, side marker, burnt trunk light, etc.

Hope you find what it is; GL!

·
Registered
295 Posts
a dime possibly in 12v in center console
I had many problems with that in my fox body. I would throw change in the ashtray and SPARK!!! In the 07 I was very happy that it had a little cover on it to keep me from doing that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
These windows are one of my biggest concerns. They always lose that auto up/down programming and they "thud" down a lot. Had them "fix" it several times and it still thuds when I roll it down. Not bad at all but more than I'd like.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I know what you mean with that "thud" going down. Only does it every now and then and pisses you off when it does it lol..........oh well F it. I've never had an issue with my windows though like most people have. I've SEEN a lot of the new mustangs do it, but never on mine. Wierd.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
^mine does the thud too sometimes...thats when i'm driving along and i'm like wtf are you doing Sheila? Dont you give me lip or i will turn you around right now and drive the fiance's lancer! She usually shuts up. haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts