Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post a picture of the passenger side of their engine by the EGR. I need to see where the vacuum lines go. I had some broken ones that were split in half and I dont know which ones go together. Thanks

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PMed.

This is just weird though. My car runs alot better with them disconnected. The EGR on the strut tower has no vacuum to it and when I connect the lines to it, my idle starts surging and dies. Without them connected it idles at like 850 and at 750 after it warms up and with no surging at all.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
PMed.

This is just weird though. My car runs alot better with them disconnected. The EGR on the strut tower has no vacuum to it and when I connect the lines to it, my idle starts surging and dies. Without them connected it idles at like 850 and at 750 after it warms up and with no surging at all.
It means your egr valve or solenoid(shock tower) is stuck open causing a vacuum leak resulting in piss poor idle quality I would guess?

·
Registered
338 Posts
PMed.

sounds like you are creating a vacuum leak and its idling where it should. if so your throttle body is set low or you iac is faulty

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
20k x 21 years dont = 194000 It does = 420000k

9200(+) x 21 = 194000(193000)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.