Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm new here and I've tried searching but keep getting no result.
As you may know we have basically the same 5.0HO engine in our Aussie Falcons from '91 to '98. I have just picked up a low mile '94 Falcon and I'm up to speed on all the bolt-ons I can do plus I'm able to tune via a 1/4 horse. I will base line it asap and systematically go with various bolt ons until I have no choice but to go into the engine.
So my question is; how fast have you guys been able to go with this engine in stock form? If you have the results on the board what bolt-ons specifically have given the best results? for example, long tube headers...what pipe size? Length? 4-2-1's, 4-1's? collector size? etc.

Thanks Lads, and please point me to another post if I have just revisted a common thread.

·
902 Posts
Your talking about a stock 5.0 with bolt ons? then its not stock. are you talking about a stock short block with heads intake and such. or a stock long block with headers, AC/smog delete, TB... you can be more definative as to what stock with bolt ons means, because bolt ons is a vauge term around these parts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
No clue the weight and how well the suspension works on your car, but in a fox there's guys that have taken stock engine cars, down the the A/C and stock pullies, into the 12's with weight removal, suspension work, and slicks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
These cars are easy to get going was mine mostly stock last season went 13'30s all day long not fast but fun for a little while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guy's, yes the falcon is a little heavier than the stang but as long as i know what parts you guy's have used I'll be on the right track.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Then just read, read, read. Not all thread titles depict the info that you will find in them, so just start reading thread after thread and you'll see what works the best and what the general concensus on stuff is. There is probably no thread that is going to give you a definitive answer on what is going to be the absolute best for your situation when it comes to some things, like headers for example. If you are into buying parts twice then feel free to copy someone elses tried and true motor, but if you want to buy parts that will prepare you for future upgrades, then this is the place to be. Find a goal, then ask questions that will get you to that goal. If you think that stock longblock and intake is as far as you are going to go, then I can't help you, but maybe someone can. If you want to go fast and have money to spend, we'll tell you how to get there.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
I don't know if he'll post it up or not, but my friend James has been 12.5's with a stock 5.0 with shorty mac headers, prochamber, and mac cat back with tailpipes, Anderson power pipe, 80maf, and 65 Accufab throttle body and 1.7 rr. It's been lightened some with a kmember and some upper and lower control arms out back. He should get into the 12.30's before he's done this year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks lads,
Well I do, have, and continue to just read, read, read. I have also tried many things before. For instance i know that ASP underdrives, Edelbrock(and other)65mm t-bodies, Multiple spark ignitions, A good cold air setup, Pro-M 80mm MAF's(and Ford 80-90mm MAF's), Pacemaker 1 5/8" 4-2-1 headers, Custom 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" dual exhaust with H or X pipes all work very well not to mention electronic tuning.
Maybe their isn't a thread that gives definitive answer but their may have been one I couldn't find? Which is why I asked.
I have a goal; "go as fast as I can without touching the long block or intake manifold". After that I will then go further into the engine.

Thanks nxcoupe,
Do you know which 80mm MAF he used? I'd appreciate his input too.
Btw the Falcon stock weight is 1584kg (3492lb)

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
should deff stroke it....347...331...but basic bolt ons are heads,cam,and exhaust right? I ran world product sr heads a hyper energy comp cam(575..something) aluminum roller rockers wit chromoly push rods bored 306 running consistant 11.50s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts