Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody else gets to post their modular conversions in this section, so why dont you move my thread back. Its a classic mustang.
I wonder why you would move it??? Perhaps because you dont want people to see the TRUTH about the amount of work that must go into using a modular motor with the TCI front end.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Has anyone doubted the amount of work it takes to put an anemic motor in a classic? Some may doubt the reasoning behind it, but I'd say most realize the work involved.

·
Scooby tuner mustang n00b
9 Posts
lol @ anemic...

it just really come down to what you look for... i want one not to boast that i did something different at a car show but because i want to twin turbo it... and fuel injection, knock sensors, variable valve timing and distributerless ignition are all things i look for in an engine to turbo... its nice when the engine knows the octane just isn't there and pulls timing on its own rather then scattering it's self on the track due to a bad tank of fuel.

btw i watched some vids... what engine are you running? I have a side oiler but it'd going to take more money to get it running then a brand new 5.0 from MMR would cost ( crank's shot pistons are 15.2/1 and a head is cracked... ohh and it's sat for 15 years without running )

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Everybody else gets to post their modular conversions in this section, so why dont you move my thread back. Its a classic mustang.
I wonder why you would move it??? Perhaps because you dont want people to see the TRUTH about the amount of work that must go into using a modular motor with the TCI front end.
What thread are you talking about? I searched your threads and it seems they are all in the appropriate sections. It seems your build thread is also in the classics forum.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/classic-mustangs/218537-1967-mustang-supersnake-build-2-a.html

If that's the thread you're talking about, say so and we can close this thread.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
lol @ anemic...

it just really come down to what you look for... i want one not to boast that i did something different at a car show but because i want to twin turbo it... and fuel injection, knock sensors, variable valve timing and distributerless ignition are all things i look for in an engine to turbo... its nice when the engine knows the octane just isn't there and pulls timing on its own rather then scattering it's self on the track due to a bad tank of fuel.

btw i watched some vids... what engine are you running? I have a side oiler but it'd going to take more money to get it running then a brand new 5.0 from MMR would cost ( crank's shot pistons are 15.2/1 and a head is cracked... ohh and it's sat for 15 years without running )
It's a 9.5 deck Windsor. I did get beat by an anemic motor, but it took E85, a 3.4L Whipple, AND nitrous with the blower...HAHAHA

·
Scooby tuner mustang n00b
9 Posts
Are you completely n/a if so what CID & heads are you running ?

I won't ask cam specs as most people like to keep that info close to their chest.

And holy frack on the 3.4 w/ n2o. I'm sorry but that just sounds like someone who doesn't know how to set up an engine. 3.4 should be capable of 1200hp if pulleyed right on the right engine.

I'm still on the fence with my build I like having a smart ecu with cam and ignition control because its what I'm used to tuning my Subaru. But you don't see many mod motors in outlaw 10.5.... And it's not like a 4 bolt Windsor can't hold power.

But I have helped build a 834hp sohc 4.6 (@21 psi on twin 66mm turbos with trick flow heads, cams and built bottom end)

·