Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wow I said something in 3rd person...

here my car from start to finish, budget small block build with a turbo.

(car assembled by myself in my backyard, all pics taken with a blackbarry so sorry for the quality)

2003 motor from action auto parts in hopewell, va. 50K or something miles, out of a 2wd worktruck.

this is not me.

subframe removed...

garage full of ****...

bone stock 241 heads.. fresh from the machine shop, $40

another shot.

one head off, cleaned, prepped..

35, 50, 82 with stock GM headgaskets and ARP bolts, not studs

good to go.

eboost2.. hooked to 9v battery haha

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
looks sweet, id like to check it out when i return stateside

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Okay my question... how do people like us get married? Look at the stuff we do to our cars and garages and some how everybody else that does stuff like this is married... Do you hide it til you are married? LOL

Looks good, but we need to see it in the car and running

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
she lets me out every once and a while haha.. no really she's into too, but I think I oppress her while talking about haha

this is the third time I'm doing this, have had a spew of bad luck with motors, it'll be in and running with in the week, more pics to come.

other head pulled...

stock GM head gaskets..

ARP's...

thought this was a cool shot

LS6 intake, truck throttle body

the trans... performabuilt 4l60e, strong.

Pro Truck 3600 billet 6 lug

had to relocate the alt.

another shot...

racetronix fp, hotwire.

tapped pressure port to 1/8" NPT to turbo...

heres the new snail... tc78, .96 ar 68mm f1 t4 open...

turbo, wastegate mockup...

another shot...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
looking good bro, gonna have to check her out when she is up and running

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Love the organization of the garage. Can't wait to see the finished build.
Looks just like mine most the time... somebody always tries to clean it up and it takes for ever to find anything.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

trap door mod... yes I hate the idea of dropping a tank..

hotwire ran...

sureflow oil scavenge pump... low mount turbo plus, I like the vac on the turbo bearings.

custom grind I spec'd out

in the midst of swapping...

and done...

stock ratio rockers... with 24 lbs + 45* preload...

more to come soon!

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Looks awesome man. Trap door mod is a great idea. That's what we ended up doing when we put the Racetronix kit on the SS for the 150 shot.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
ill be honest in most of the pictures all i saw were pretty shiny things but it looks cool!

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Hey Nestle Qwik,
I've been following this build and haven't seen any progress for a couple of weeks. Boy those pics bring back memories of the good old days of spending hours cranking on a pushrod V-8. My first motor build was 30 years ago and was a 318 in and old Duster "Twister" when I was 15 and had not a care in the world. Now I have a wife, new house, new baby, and a Modular motor to boot. I don't have the time to do much wrenching any more and actually contract out some of my work on my car. I am living vicariously through you and this thread, so post up some more pics on your progress brother!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Nestle Qwik,
I've been following this build and haven't seen any progress for a couple of weeks. Boy those pics bring back memories of the good old days of spending hours cranking on a pushrod V-8. My first motor build was 30 years ago and was a 318 in and old Duster "Twister" when I was 15 and had not a care in the world. Now I have a wife, new house, new baby, and a Modular motor to boot. I don't have the time to do much wrenching any more and actually contract out some of my work on my car. I am living vicariously through you and this thread, so post up some more pics on your progress brother!
will do 10-4! thanks!

I love an old dodge small block, a buddie has a older dart with a wild little 340

I've been lazy

but there is burnout vid somewhere on here of it

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
damn your still hanging around here man? Haven't heard from you in a long ass time.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
haa and heres the update, FINAL build

drop it all together

the trick is to bolt everything up... then but the entire drivetrain on the cherry picker and slide it foward as you lift with the charry picker... done right (like this) and the K will slide right up and into position via the wheels... then take the wheels off, jack the entire assembly up with floorjack and bolt it up.

and its in

had to make some coil brackets... no biggie and they look better.. these are the truck coils from earlier. Same ones JPC used on there last turbo mustang :p

"SUPER SOLDER"... teaching a newb

finishing intercooler bracket...

complete

no ground clearence

pretty little tc78

ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Badass dude, What PSI is the turbo at? I may have missed it, and what size turbo?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
8.5 in the vid... prolly creeped to 9..

its been to 14 so far... stock bottom end :O

its an off the shelf 78mm turbonetics unit. its just a "tc78" with a 68mm F-trim .96 t4 hotside. WAAAYYY overkill for this little motor.. but it likes it for some reason so I just keep abusing it.. thanks

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Ew... f-body.... haha jk, thats a damn badass car you've got there. Nice work.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea I know I get that all the time haha thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts