Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can weld, I think I'm gonna take the money I would spend on the car and buy a new welder and some stock, subframes, and a cage.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a sinking feeling that I'm gonna end up spending a ton of mony getting this chasis together. Not to mention all the safety **** I need.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Have you had it to the track? How fast and what kind of safety stuff do you need?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ouch!

I would recommend a set of reinforcements once you get them fixed up. This would prevent that from happening again. But what you experienced is common. We offer a set for $39

Good luck with the repair!
Ryan
Ive get your kit, works great:cool:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No times. I have no safety equip, or SFI stuffs.
Man you have to get a good bell housing in that thing. If that clutch comes out of there and through the floor you will be JBIGSTUMPY :eek:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man you have to get a good bell housing in that thing. If that clutch comes out of there and through the floor you will be JBIGSTUMPY :eek:
But I want to be able to have a jonston that touches the ground...

The clutch and flywheel is going, first thing. Can I use one of thoes blanket things instead of an SFI bell?

·
Registered
519 Posts
so whats considered bolt ons?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
But I want to be able to have a jonston that touches the ground...

The clutch and flywheel is going, first thing. Can I use one of thoes blanket things instead of an SFI bell?
I'm pretty sure you can use a blanket, I'm 99% sure I will double check tonight and let you know. Even if NHRA says no it's still much better then that thin aluminum bell housing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts