Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm still new here so if I have missed something that was to look at(thread)sorry.My Q is I'm tryin to build a 331 just don't know which block so need some help!.... Yes I am aware of the Dart

Goal is 331 and shootin for somewhere around the 400rwhp(all motor) mark and I know its going to get the spray prob. around 300-400 worth probally will see some not much street time so with that being said which would better suit my needs.Any info. you guys could send my way would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so both blocks will support around 800-900rwhp?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
300-400 hp of n20 is a butt load.
So are you sayin that it is to much for the block? I think with the right internals it should be good.My 01 SS had JE pistons with steel rings and napier 2nd lunati billet rods and callies crank and it took 275 all day long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might re-think it but as of right now stuck on 331 cube.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reason Im asking all this besides the fact that I didn't know what any major difference between the two blocks was.... I have the chance to get either one of the blocks at the moment.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Reason Im asking all this besides the fact that I didn't know what any major difference between the two blocks was.... I have the chance to get either one of the blocks at the moment.
You nead to learn.....The key word "learn" not "assume"

331 vs 347 is not bore

Its stroke

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know its the stroke...but have heard about probs. with burning oil or something of that nature due to the fact of the size of the stroke or something to do with the pistons?... correct me if I'm wrong didn't mean to say cyl. wall thickness earlier.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I know its the stroke...but have heard about probs. with burning oil or something of that nature due to the fact of the size of the stroke or something to do with the pistons?... correct me if I'm wrong didn't mean to say cyl. wall thickness earlier.
oh no not this again..

the info you herd is wrong nothing but a rumor... my 347 burns no oil neither does the 20 other people's 347's that i know. hmm weird if theirs that they built burns oil but the one my engine builder built doesnt then there must be a problem with something but i cant pin point what it is...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh no not this again..

the info you herd is wrong nothing but a rumor... my 347 burns no oil neither does the 20 other people's 347's that i know. hmm weird if theirs that they built burns oil but the one my engine builder built doesnt then there must be a problem with something but i cant pin point what it is...
Just reading on wrist pin and the lower ring and one of my good friends(Brad Brand) that races 10.5 outlaw has told me about this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know about the new rod length and the new kits and all but think I'll just stay with the 331....16 cubes not that big of a deal to me due to the fact the motor will have plenty of spray to make up 4 the 16 cubes.....thanks for the insite on the 347 truth or myth.Only consern is the A4 block up to the challenge with all the spray that is going to be put through it? it's not all coming in at once will be on a controller but will prob. leave out on 200 worth.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
You quote is retarded first of all...get rid of it....

If 16 cubes is not that big of a deal then why not just go a 306? its only 25 cubes less than a 331....

·
Banned
980 Posts
An A4 is for SERIOUS power, I think an A4 would be overkill for that small of HP. I would say R302.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts