1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding this decision to be really hard :(

Do I get the R32, or keep my sixxer?

The R32 is an 04, red, 66,000 miles.
Downsides are that it isn't as new as mine, has a few paint chips, no warranty.
Upsides are that its a great price, it's fast as ****. And dead sexy.
2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatch 6 Spd Manual 241 HP Spotless Condition 1 own

Sixxer is an 07, same **** thats in mah sig.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
R32 and a Mustang really can't be compared....both are very different cars. The main downfall of the R32 is the cost of repairs (it's a VW, it will break), expect to get your ass handed to you on that. The price is really really nice, I'd be very tempted myself to get another one at that price. Keep in mind that only 5,000 of them were brought to the US.

Just to give you an idea of replacement/upgrade parts, take a look at the website below...that company has some of the best prices for VW and Audi parts.

OEM / Performance Parts for Volkswagen, Audi, and BMW - ECS Tuning

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
out of those two choices, keep the sixxer. you can find mach 1s for that price, and cobras for a few thousand more... hell ive seen Saleen S281 SC's for sale for 20k

edit: that R32 is nowhere close to sexy either

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
y'all are so biased to the displacement rule...honestly I kick myself in the ass everday trading my R32 in for the cheaper car payments of my GT. That car was a blast to drive...did a hell of a lot more than go fast in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just to give ya another perspective about the R32...before the economy took a major dump, I traded my R32 for the Mustang in 06...car had 32k miles, and 3 accidents...car was bought for about 31k but yet still managed to get 25k for trade in...Dealerships were selling that car for 35k+ used in 06...yes thats correct, it appreciated in value 5k in 2 years.

In otherwords, it will be worth a **** ton down the road.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just to give ya another perspective about the R32...before the economy took a major dump, I traded my R32 for the Mustang in 06...car had 32k miles, and 3 accidents...car was bought for about 31k but yet still managed to get 25k for trade in...Dealerships were selling that car for 35k+ used in 06...yes thats correct, it appreciated in value 5k in 2 years.

In otherwords, it will be worth a **** ton down the road.
that car wont be worth **** down the road...

Btw what do you think dealers do.., you think they try to give you top dollar for your trade hell no.....they always up the price at a dealer:eek:

ohh and another thing mustangs do a lot more then go in a straight line retard....

try to tell Vaughn Gittin Jr that mustangs only go straight....

oh and if you dont know who Vaughn Gittin Jr is....hes America's Top drifter
this is him drifting the 2010 mustang

·
Registered
632 Posts
gah why would you even ask that? especially on here lol. keep your stang or if you want another car then buy a gt or cobra but never a vw :no

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I wouldn't buy the R32. Like someone else said, keeping it running will own you.VWs may be chepaer than other German cars, but they are still German cars. They break, and when they do it is oddball problems that are near impossible for the average joe to find and fix on his own. Let me give you an example, on a VR6, replacing the thermostat (a ****ing THERMOSTAT) is over 6 hours labor... Plus, R32s are NOT sexy, it's an ugly little hatchback, if you want a decent looking VW it'd be a Jetta, not a Golf. And they aren't all that fast either. WHen they first came out I thought they'd be fast too, souped up VR6, AWD, etc. (I had a 6 speed VR6 Jetta at that time that spent 1 out of the 3 months I owned it at the dealer), but they really aren't. They get their asses handed to them by cheaper Evos and WRXs.

I'd either keep the V6 Mustang, or trade it for a real Mustang. You can get a 99-01 Cobra, a Mach 1, or an 05-06 GT for that price, have a better looking, faster, more reliable, and cheaper to maintain car.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
out of those 2 choices it would be the R32. If given another option the R32 would go out the window for a 4v.

·
Registered
531 Posts
**** blue book for an 05 gt is only 13800! im sure you could get a clean one; with the standard mods (cai, tune, etc) for under 15k that the origional owner has close to 30k in!

vs a vw? my gf had one stuck open sunroof on the jetta. took it to the dealer they said 750$ to fix it. how much just to close it? 250$ lol that thing was nothing but problems

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
There is a little bit of a biased opinion on a mustang site....LOL..my wife has a VW and that car runs great, great gas mileage, and we have never had a single problem...VW is probably the most popular car in mexico and I would say they are a great car....especially cars like the r32, the Bora, Tourag, crossfox.....I really want a tourag

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
in that video that red posted up tho, the sound of the exhaust, hopin its the r32, sounds like ass. The most annoying sound, it was irritating me the whole time. If its the stang, then dude needs to get a new exhaust

1 - 20 of 20 Posts