Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wondering. If I were to race my GT, is it ok to put it down in 1st and manually push the automatic shifter through the gears? I just bought the car and didn't want to screw it up doing that, but it seems that should be ok. Also wondering if you were to race and automatic should you take the O/D off?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering. If I were to race my GT, is it ok to put it down in 1st and manually push the automatic shifter through the gears? I just bought the car and didn't want to screw it up doing that, but it seems that should be ok. Also wondering if you were to race and automatic should you take the O/D off?

Thanks in advance
Yea that's usually how I do it and about 1907327931 other auto drivers lol and yea take the od off other than that don't red line it and you should be good bro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Haven't owned a stang since 98 and that's how I used to drive that car. Guy at the dealership said that slamming through the gears will strip the shifter. I didn't want to call him out since he gave me a great price, but I couldn't imagine that to be true. How the hell else do you race an automatic?! lol.

thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you'll get the best times from an electronically controlled auto if you race it with the o/d off, shifter in drive.

you'll want a tune to prperly adjust the shift points/etc, but once thats done, your good to go.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Casper are you running relocated uppers?? Or lowers??

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Casper are you running relocated uppers?? Or lowers??
I have uppers right now but I'll be installing the new susp. with the relocated lowers this weekend.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have uppers right now but I'll be installing the new susp. with the relocated lowers this weekend.
U gna sell your current suspension?? And what's better the relocated lowers and uppers

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
U gna sell your current suspension?? And what's better the relocated lowers and uppers
the current stuff is sold. as to whats better, that depends on your goals.

IMO, relocated lowers are always better, but you give up some drivabilty on them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
the current stuff is sold. as to whats better, that depends on your goals.

IMO, relocated lowers are always better, but you give up some drivabilty on them.
Is it a huge difference tho??

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Is it a huge difference tho??
huge, not really, for the most part it will be a reliability thing, not that their stronger/etc, but by reliable I'm refering to it will plant the tires very predictably & make consistant 60' times easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts