Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good link for 05+ mustang specific racing seats? Besides american muscle...I'm not interested in the only seats american muscle carry

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Go to any site ( corbeau.com, sparco.com, ect... ) and they sell rails with the seats to fit almost any application...

EDIT: What do you mean, Mustang specific? Like Shelby, roush, saleen, ect.. seat?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sparco is having a blowout sale at their whare house this Saturday

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have an opinion on these?

Corbeau: CR1

...the blue cloth is the color im looking to order...my car is going to be two tone black/white...black up from the body line below the mirrors.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on these?

Corbeau: CR1

...the blue cloth is the color im looking to order...my car is going to be two tone black/white...black up from the body line below the mirrors.
Is the car a daily driver? You can eliminate half the product out there if you will be annoyed by big side bolsters and a hard back. On a daily you will quickly dislike those two items in less than a week and you passengers will too from hip checking the bolsters and having to roll out of the seat on exit. You can narrow down additionally after that by ass comfort and pattern styles.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Emay she's a daily driver...i'll go more for looks than comfort though...and passengers - psh they can suck it up or not ride in it at all :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Racing seats are one hell of an expense just to cut 50 lbs. Couldn't the $1k be used better elsewhere?
Not trying to bash. I simply want to keep it in perspective

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Well, I had to ask, I got a wife that has to tag along every so often. I'm not having my quality time with eleanor disrupted by any sort of nagging or complaining. I ran em in my drag cars and they are nowhere near as comfortable or convenient as I would like them, let alone her. Anything that fits my rules is too costly to justify.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha i think my next mod is going to be the passenger ejection seat. you know like the one in 2fast2furious...boom...good bye nagging

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Yeah Emay she's a daily driver...i'll go more for looks than comfort though...and passengers - psh they can suck it up or not ride in it at all :)
Have you ever sat in one of these seats before? If its for you daily driver, I would keep the stock seats and put the money to better use. Those CR1s are terribly uncomfortable if you spend any amount of actual seat time in the car.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Racing seats are one hell of an expense just to cut 50 lbs. Couldn't the $1k be used better elsewhere?
Not trying to bash. I simply want to keep it in perspective
Ya, very expensive. But if its a track car, there are 2 places you dont want to cut corners.. Seat and Brakes.

My Sparco cost me:
Seat: $700.
Mounting bracket: $75.
Sliders: $100
Side mounting brackets: $100

All said and done, it was close to a grand for 1 Freakin seat!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Seats we used last season were pretty cheap, $200 a piece, from JEGS. Functional and way lighter than stockers, but likely nowhere as nice looking or the quality as some others mentioned above.

Top pic is interior from last racing season.

Bottom pic is interior as of a week ago...lol. Going with new racing seats...not sure which?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
i would love some Corbeu CR1's

.... but racing seats arent comfortable?! i didnt kno that =/

Bride has some nice seats too
and momo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts