Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have racing seats in there 05-09? i want katzkin leather seats, my wife wants racing seats but i dont see how they would work in our cars. the seats yeah, but the 4 ppoint racing harness i dont get.

anyways, was wondering besides corbeau what other good ones are out there? anyone ever use Cipher? they seem awefully cheap

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is she sure she wants race seats? Most aren't very comfortable. If I were getting some though, I'd use the Corbeau probably. They seem to have decent prices and a wide variety of seats, both reclining and fixed. They offer mounting brackets to for the proper application. Just check out their website. (Get the fake suede ones and you won't slide around at all!) I know Recaros are supposed to be awesome. (I have not sat in the ones on the Boss, but I'm like 5'11" and 140 maybe and the ones on the Mazda RX8 are way tight even for me and the Mitsu Evo ones are just about perfect, so fit may be an issue.)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, she's sure. said its easier for her to justify the money spent on raving seats as opposed to just katkin leather.

we dont get to take car out together very much because i have no rear seat and we have a 8 mont baby. its more my daily driver and her and mine "date night" car.

i try to go with things she wants to keep her interested in the car. corbeau makes a mustang harness bar that bolts into the B pillar.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Corebeau is the cheapest seat I would go with and they are probably the best seat for daily drivers. Sparcos are nicer in terms of build quality but they aren't comfortable.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, sounds good. thanks for the insight. i think its betwen corbeau and racaro. more than likely corbeau for the price. once you add up the harneses, seat brackets, seat, and then possibly the harness bar, crap adds up quick.
when, for katkins leather seats, thats all i need. i dont understand her logic at the moment.

but, of course, she is supporting my plans for an ipad linked to the OBD port to monitor cars computer, so, what can ya do.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
when getting the corbeau's i'd make sure you get the wider ones. they'll be more comfortable.

i was at a show where a guy replaced his entire center section of the dash (radio, hvac controls) and put in an ipod. the thing had the radio, cd, movies, whichever gauges he chose, and some other things. was pretty sweet and looked great

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well, using center dash was what installer wanted. however a company made me a custom nitrous switch panel from the black 2008(?) center dash. so, going to try and mount the mount inside the right center hvac vent, run the wires back through there. only way wife agreed was if we made the ipad removable so she could use it also.
there is an app called TORQUE that is pretty awesome and works through bluetooth or wifi to a OBD II connector. we shall see how it goes

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
just remember having a friend w/ a new edge w/ the wider version. they were very comfy and i am a skinny bastard

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my wife and i are both 32-34. i fluctuate depending on gym routine. ive been on leave for almost a month so not much gym in there

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, trying to find a place i can sit in one before i throw 1400 bucks into some seats

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Funny, I was just looking at some Sparcos the other day. If I was going to buy a pair of racing seats, I'd get Sparco. Just my .02.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just had Corbeau TRS leather reclining seats installed...and Love them !!!
Good quality, comfortable and lots of support for me...

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do the racing seats sit the same height as stock seats? or are tehy lower/higher?

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
They will be more money and less comfortable than the Corebeaus.
Sparcos aren't comfortable? Their website says they're basically the same thing as the ones in modern Lamborghinis and I've sat in over a dozen Lambos and they all felt amazing... :dunno

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
ive had recaros before amd love them. another good brand is bride but they can be pricey. do u have factory leather?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts