Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my black hood decal got all scratched up from someone wrighting on it so i was just thinking about getting some racing stripes like the 12" ones from AM. but idk if thats to much black..here is some pic of the car..

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I wouldn't think so since your going to remove the mach 1 decal. Plus you have a convertible which means you wouldn't have any stripes on the roof of course. I say go for it if you like the look. The only issue i think you would have is the rear blacked out panel, did you paint that or is it a decal as well. If its a decal you can just remove it so the stripes dont fade into black once they hit the rear. You might consider removing the black mustang writing on the bumper cover since some of the letters will be covered by the striping.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everythings a decal so thats not a problem it just might look funny cuz its a vert...anyone got pics of a silver vert with racing stripes

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^ im with him.. the only cars i like racing stripes on are the old camaros and the 69 fastbacks

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^+1 thats exactly what i think, old school muscle only really looks good with racing stripes

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ya not a race stripe guy here either.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I like racing stripes, but they just dont work with our cars.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They would have too be wider than 12 inches... And be solid stripes from the bottom of the front bumper to the very bottom of the back..not break up for the mustang...which being they're decals they gotta..I'd have them painted...but... Much wider..I was gonna put silver or white ones on my black stang..but decided to jus go blacked out...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
look at mine, look damn good if you ask me. though they dont go down the front bumper, the lines of the bumper dont look right with stripes. these are paint not decals though.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Call me immature if any of you wish lol...but on my need for speed pro street... I did some fat ass white stripes and they looked killer.... Ill do it again and post pics...hell maybe for the fun of it ill do a bunch of diferent designs colors and **** and post em up..for ideas...gives a good idea of what looks good

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
it may look good in the game but in reality it may not.. but i aint hating i love that game!:D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well that's like the easiest bestest way I can think of to get an idea with out wasting 2g's lol.... Man I wish my car ran like the one I made...7.96 in the 1/4 at like 220! Pulling a wheelie the length of the strip! Lmao that would be the ****...

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
If you continue the stripes down into the rear bumper through your blackout panel on the trunk it is going to look like dookie IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
I don't like the stripes down the front bumper or back of the car. IMO, when they are just on the hood, roof, and top of trunk lid they look good.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i thought about going with ford racing blue stripes one time but then slap the **** out of myself and said :wtf was i thinking.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
haha baker id slap u if i saw u riding with that on ur stang

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you wouldnt do it but one time!!!! LOLOLOL! j/k!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts