Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating getting some racing stripes on my new kona blue mustang....what does anyone think about matte black?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Black stripes go with all colors. What width/pattern you thinking?

·
Registered
22 Posts
matte black will always look good, even if you get white stripes, it pops like crazy. but the matte is probably your best bet.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I always see blue with white stripes as a ford signature color/scheme/design. I'd say white > black on a KB.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have never seen it done on a Kona, but I honestly do not think white would look good, I would go matte black

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
no stripes....i hate the rear end with stripes only because it doesn't go all the way to the bottom!

only exception is SC because he has the checkers on the back!

but IF you like it, i say white because black blends in a lot, and white pops on blue cars!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys...if i do stripes i will be doing them once i get back home at the end of the semester...and there is a guy with a 2010 v6 with white stripes and it pops way to much...and he sucks cause he has the 4.0 :D

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I am with them if you do them at all get them all the way down the back, it looks stupid if you do not

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yes and not an inch less, otherwise it looks tacky

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Matte black looks great on Kona Blue. Subtle but very nice imo. And yes go all the way down the back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes and not an inch less, otherwise it looks tacky
I have the black out panel and I had my stripe run right up to it at first. The stripes running front to back in and the pattern of the blackout panel running left to right seemed to contrast too much. I ended up peeling the stripes off up to the back of the spoiler.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
haha LOVE the license plate!!!

The only reason i don't get a "smart ass" plate like that (and i don't mean smart ass in a bad way) is because i don't want to run up on a faster car and get "pwned"

hahaha

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
WRX. LOVE that black out panel...That's not the magnetic one, is it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts