Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there was a way of hiding the cord that goes from the radar detector to the cig lighter behind the dash or something like that? it gets really annoying when it sits in front of everything. Also is there a way to hard wire it to come on when only the ignition is on? Main goal is just trying to hide the cord. Thanks for any help given

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I cut the plug off about 4 inches from the end and spliced it to a length of straight wire. ran the new straight wire above the headliner to the A pillar and then down under the dash so it is totally out of sight. spliced it into a switched 12V lead and biong badda boom, hardwired and clean install.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I did the exact same thing and mounted the bracket to the rear view mirror so the detector is right there in my face under the mirror. Wired the hot wire to a ignition active fuse. so it only comes on when the car is in the on position and it turns off when I turn the car off. No cord danglin around period.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
how did you mount the bracket to the mirror?
The small hole thats dead center on the bracket I put a scwer through it going to the little tab that you flip up and down for day/night driving. so the bracket is screwed to that tab.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hardwired my Beltronics to the visor. Ran the wire behind the drivers side a pillar molding and down under the dash.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
do they make wireless ones yet?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The small hole thats dead center on the bracket I put a scwer through it going to the little tab that you flip up and down for day/night driving. so the bracket is screwed to that tab.
Is it on there tight or does it shake it all? itd be cool if you could take a pic to see what it looks like, just to get an idea.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Is it on there tight or does it shake it all? itd be cool if you could take a pic to see what it looks like, just to get an idea.
It isnt loose at all i will take a pic if i can.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
ok it just failed 4times I would have to email it to you or smthng.
Can you email me the pic please? If you cant get it uploaded, I'll upload it for you. Assuming thats what you were talking about that you failed?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts