Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I pulled into my friends drive and the car started steaming and dumped antifreeze out of the cap all over the place. It was overheating or anything and the gauge was just a little past the middle so what could be the problem? Also noticed the fan wasn't working so I'm replacing that as well.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
A little over half isn't really overheating. To check the fan all you need to do is turn on the air conditioner. It runs all the time with the air conditioner on. Antifreeze out the cap is usually a result of overfilling the tank. If you have an electric waterpump then a loss of power to the pump will cause it. Of course, if you loose a fan belt on a mechanical pump, it could cause it as well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i fixed the problem with the anti freeze coming out, replaced the thermostat and the cap and it seems to have fixed that part. the fan im thinking is the CCRM now, i checked the connector and the fuses and that is not the problem. the fan doesnt work at all whether the AC is on or not. not the motor either

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Yeah it was probaly just the cap. If it in the normal heat range and there's no boost lifting heads then it's the cap. I have replaced 2 over the 11 years I've owned my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts