Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to replace a radiator support?

I just finished replacing my radiator, fan, fan connector and coolant tank and my radiator support is pretty bent up.

This honestly pisses me off pretty good because it was supposed to be replaced after I hit a dog a while back along with the bumper support and the right fender. I realized today that none of that **** was replaced by the body shop.

They got paid $3,700 and all they did was replace the header panel, work the fender slightly, replace the corner marker light and repaint the front bumper. Don't get me wrong, it all looks good from the outside but underneath it's a mess. I realized all this today while under the car. I was going to replace a nut I had noticed was missing on one of the bumper bolts. Now I know why it's missing, because so is the part of the fender it's supposed to bolt to. The worst part about this is that the shop went out of business about 6 months ago so I can't even go back to them for anything!!

I also noticed that my oil pan was not tapped by the shop that I paid for my last rebuild, even though I paid for that in the bill due to the plan of adding a centri once the car was broken in.

On top of all that I noticed my right side tire is **** on the inside edge. Guess that alignment I paid for wasn't done either so now on top of paying for more **** that didn't get done I get to go buy a new set of $600 front tires unless I can tread match a used one.

Oh and here I thought I was doing so good today with getting the cooling system replaced, repainting my front bumper screens, finally swapping out that cruise control module so it reaches the svo intake and repairing my hood where the hinge bracket ripped out of the fiberglass. ( I'm currently waiting for the resin to fully cure so I can go sand it down and reattach the strut. )

Like always it's one step forward, two steps back.

Anyone want to buy a Saleen?

/RANT.

So anyway, How hard is it to change out the radiator support? Does it weld in or bolt on? It looks like a weld in job to me but I am not sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to hear about all that 97S281, but I do believe that the radiator support for the SN95s is replaceable as a unit.

I believe that AmericanMuscle, sells one for $109.99, I'm not sure if this link will work but..

Mustang Radiator Support (94-96) at AmericanMuscle.com NM0026

LateModelRestoration has one available as well for the same price.

1994-96 Mustang Radiator Core Support - LatemodelRestoration.com

Hope this helps! Hopefully you can get your Saleen back in tip top shape, she looks great.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it really pisses me off because I was about to pull the trigger on an inter cooled vortec setup.

Now I have to put that on hold. Iv'e been saving up for it for about a year too.

Thanks for the link. I will ask AM's rep if they know if it's a bolt in or weld in design.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh sorry, yea it's a weld in design. There are a ton of spot welds unfortunately. Best way to deal with it is to remove the fenders, front bumper, and aprons so you have a clear look at it. But it's a major pain in the butt!

Sorry to hear about the S/C being put on hold :/ how much power are you expecting to put down?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Sorry to hear. Mines all bent up too. I have the replacement from AM. its a weld in support. I wouldnt think it would cost a body too much to put it in for you. But thats crazy that the shop didnt replace it last time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not difficult to tap pan for Vortech install but if you paid for it you should have gotten it!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
sorry to hear that the shop didn't do the job you paid them to do. unfortunately, this type of thing happens more than most people think. i can get you just about anything you might need to get your front end back where it needs to be and we offer a forum discount which will help a little as well. let me know if you need anything and i will see what i can do for you. -tony

1997-04 MUSTANG RADIATOR CORE SUPPORT

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is a late post, but hey I just got a new edge, and same situation here car was in a accident back in 2004, and insurance paid for all damages!! From the detail report I picked up from them at a cost in 2021. So I just got the car added some nice wheels only to find out from my alignment guy and fab shop(all in one performance place) to find a half ass job, they bent the core support to half ass straight hammered out some damage where it joins the frame rail pics attached. The job was done like a low budget shop did this repair, my driver side wheel sticks a bit past the fender when you look for it and you can tell, it’s really pissing me off and I am ready to take this car apart to repair it properly, the core header panel was replaced the l bracket they holds in can only hold one bolt cause other one doesn’t line up!, been to long and the insurance is not going to fix this issues regardless. The one real thing I’m worried about is frame damage…. Alignment checks out square and straight also driver side wheel rubs the sway bar and passenger sides don’t even come close last pic is passenger side

How hard is it to replace a radiator support?

I just finished replacing my radiator, fan, fan connector and coolant tank and my radiator support is pretty bent up.

This honestly pisses me off pretty good because it was supposed to be replaced after I hit a dog a while back along with the bumper support and the right fender. I realized today that none of that **** was replaced by the body shop.

They got paid $3,700 and all they did was replace the header panel, work the fender slightly, replace the corner marker light and repaint the front bumper. Don't get me wrong, it all looks good from the outside but underneath it's a mess. I realized all this today while under the car. I was going to replace a nut I had noticed was missing on one of the bumper bolts. Now I know why it's missing, because so is the part of the fender it's supposed to bolt to. The worst part about this is that the shop went out of business about 6 months ago so I can't even go back to them for anything!!

I also noticed that my oil pan was not tapped by the shop that I paid for my last rebuild, even though I paid for that in the bill due to the plan of adding a centri once the car was broken in.

On top of all that I noticed my right side tire is ** on the inside edge. Guess that alignment I paid for wasn't done either so now on top of paying for more ** that didn't get done I get to go buy a new set of $600 front tires unless I can tread match a used one.

Oh and here I thought I was doing so good today with getting the cooling system replaced, repainting my front bumper screens, finally swapping out that cruise control module so it reaches the svo intake and repairing my hood where the hinge bracket ripped out of the fiberglass. ( I'm currently waiting for the resin to fully cure so I can go sand it down and reattach the strut. )

Like always it's one step forward, two steps back.

Anyone want to buy a Saleen?

/RANT.

So anyway, How hard is it to change out the radiator support? Does it weld in or bolt on? It looks like a weld in job to me but I am not sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts