Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
already took out the stero inspected the harness pulled of the door pannels looked at the speakers looked at the mach 460 amps didsconnected everything mentioned and it still keeps popping

is the stero fuse running along with something else i should be looking at

anyone ever had this problem?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I bypassed all of the mach 460 system because I had 1 or more amps die and that fuse kept blowing. I have an aftermarket headunit, amp and speakers. The triangle is a ground symbol.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill probably end up doing that if i dont get it to work with out that fuse blowing its
agravating

so you used none of the factory harness at all
you just made your own connections?
im asking because im wondering how does your
head unit turn on through a toggle switch
or did you tap into a fuse to turn on when you start the car

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ive been thinking about it and im just gonna rip everything out
i cant find this damn short time to upgrade

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Have you done anything where it might of affected the wires of the radio or amps or anything?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope
i was just driving and it poped ill digg in deeper tommoorow see what i find

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Sounds like you have a short somewhere. I would start by getting a DMM and measuring the resistance from the fuse (fused side) to ground (do this w/out a fuse in place). Chances are, it will measure 0 ohms or VERY close. Then you need to go find the first connector shown in the diagram. Disconnect that and measure from the fuse (fused side again) to ground. If it's still 0 ohms, you know it's somewhere in that first section. If it's open, you know it's NOT in that first section. Then reconnect the first connetor and find and disconnect the second connector. Measure again and continue until you find when it's open.

Once you find what section the short is in, you get to trace the wires and inspect the connectors to find where the short is located.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts