Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have the mach system in my car but when i turn the radio up its not loud at all and if i turn it up to loud it turns off. Its just the radio the cd's are where they should be but the radio is very quite at 3/4 the way up. Please help. BTW its a 98 gt convertible if u need to know that.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The system uses three different amps for power output. The head unit itself has no power output. Each amp controls a different aspect of the sound. I imagine one of yours is bad. There are two mounted to the rear speaker shelf on the underside and one mounted below the cd player/ pocket.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Moving this to the electronics section. Primo (wraither) will see it and hopefully he can help you out.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
so when your radio is turned up the audio cuts off? its almost sounds like your amps are clipping. you need to check connections to make sure that they are all still snug. Ive worked on many cars where the system was stock but somewhere down the road someone went behind it and the clips broke properly securing the harness to the deck. so check those and get back to us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts