Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took out the stock radio to put in an aftermarket one but i could get it to work(power but no sound) so i put the stock radio back in but now theres no sound from the driverside speakers (front and rear). is the a wire that could have got loose or something.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you need an after-market harness if you didn't know

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Pull the plugs out of the radio and look at the pins. Are any bent? If not, make sure they are plugged in all the way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the wire colors change from year to year so if I know the year of the car I can give you the wire colors to look for but if you know the colors take a 9V battery and hook it up to those wires and see if it makes the speaker move. If your car has the factory amplified system you need to find what wire is the amp turn on wire and get 12v to that wire to test it. Or you can take the speaker out of the door and test it at the speaker and see if it is good if you use a 9v battery and it moves back and forth it is good if it just pops or dosent move it is bad.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k i got it to work. i found a thread on why the new radio didnt work, due the factory amp. i removed the amp and old head unit and pugged in the new radio and got it to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts