Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be in the wrong section, but this is really irritating. I can't find a support for my aftermarket radio for my car. Here's a pic to see what I'm looking at.

Nothing I find fits. The two brackets at the bottom right holding the radio up. Other than that it's just sitting there. I went to autozone to find a bracket and got the one specifically for our cars but it doesn't fit. The bottom left plastic is destroyed and gone, is there a peice I need to buy for this? Or do I have to buy a whole new dash peice? :( Btw I'm extremely limited on tools.

EDIT: Notice top right of the radio there's two shims in there to keep it from falling backward.Lol. If I can get a picture of someones set up and some help that'd be cool.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I believe the upper holes have a plastic insert of sorts the you thread into which wears easily. I dunno if you can replace it or not. May have to expoxy a nut back there? I notice the insert wearing quite easily when I was in there.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn man sounds like I'm going to really struggle with this radio falling and rattling about lol. I went to autozone and picked up a kit, but it clearly didn't fit ****.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
that one you have doesn't fit right anyways, I tried it and returned it. Go on newegg.com and find the one specifically for the mustang. its like $15 I believe.
Also...you see that part where you have the two bolts in the bottom? Thats broken. Where the question mark is. You need to replace that

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think it's upside down for starters. And for me there is a stand off bracket that mounted to the back of my Pioneer that slides on the factory track. It's held in place by 2 screw on the bottom front.

As for you. It's all kinds of messed up. Who did the original install? They broke off one of you mounting pins (left side) and jury rigged it in. Looks like they also shaved the centering pin off on the right side - hence the right-ish. It's sorta in the right way. You may be able salvage this with the proper mounting kit.

Me:

·
Registered
977 Posts
My car is all pulled apart right now. I'll get pictures for you when I get home around 7 (eastern time).

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. The kid who owned it before me installed it. I don't know if a new kit will help me any.. The left side is clearly broken and I don't think a kit would mount right without it. Much appreciated Andy if you do that for me.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah see, I don't have ANY of that. That track back there, nothing. My radio is litterally just hanging there lol. What should I do? :\ For you guys experienced, is any of that replaceable? Or do I just have to keep it jerry rigged?

Reps Andy for going out of your way to post those.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yeah see, I don't have ANY of that. That track back there, nothing. My radio is litterally just hanging there lol. What should I do? :\ For you guys experienced, is any of that replaceable? Or do I just have to keep it jerry rigged?

Reps Andy for going out of your way to post those.
No problem.

I've never payed attention to it but it looks like that rail bolts in so you might be able to get one at a pick-n-pull. That will fix the falling backwards problem. As for the front - get the right kit and bolt it in properly on the right side where you have that one good mounting hole. For the left put a small nut and bolt in so it rest on what's left of the plastic. If the radio sits cock-eyed after that either lower the right side or bulk up the left with electrical tape or a slightly larger nut/bolt combo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts