Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the waves are crashing on the seawall in front of my house. I have water coming in around my kitchen window. Water is coming in around my sliding door. And the best part high tide is only three hours away. Atleast the Cobra is at my buddies house. :mad: Everyone else staying dry?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

When it breaks that wall my garage is screwed..... Maybe even the TL. :(

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
been raining here for 4days now

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
sometimes i wish it would rain here : / but oh well. i just want it to snow up north so i can go boarding

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah its been raining here for three now but the wind is just starting to take its toll. when we get a Northeast wind for this long the water just keeps building up. Every High tide just brings more water.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
thats why I hate this time of the year around here. I cleaned out my garage so now she is nice and warm under her cover.

on a side note, Billy, I dont think that ill be able to come by tomorrow but I will come the first day that it lets up a little. Im thinking Saturday or Sunday. Those cool with you?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats cool. I think its actually supposed to clear off by tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
sweet, if thats the case then I will come tomorrow. ill hit you up when i do.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$%#@% what a day this turned into. At 3:30 the water started to come over the sea wall so we left. Well we went to a few stores to wait out the tide and my dumbass tried to drive thru a "small" puddle to pull into a 7-11. Go figure the TL ingested some water and shutoff. I bumped the key hoping the MAF had just gotten wet and its locked up.

So about 10 mins later a tow truck shows up and he helps me push it out of the puddle. I call a buddy up and he collects the tools I need to yank the plugs out of it.

About 30 mins go by and he shows up in his 05 F-350. So I get started pulling everything apart and find that he didn't bring a 3/8s extension. :mad: So we try to fire up his truck and the damn thing won't start. We hit it with some ether and still nothing. Then a gust of wind picks up and scatters the whole @[email protected]%!# Craftsman tool kit across the parking lot. Finally after cussing and picking up tools for about a half an hour, I find an extension in his truck. :D

Time to get started on the TL. By this time I am soaked from head to toe and freezing my ass off. Not only is my son getting irritated but so is my buddies wife and child. The whole time I am working on it my son thinks it is funny to honk the horn while I am working on it. About 45 mins later we blow the water out of the cylinders. During this time we keep trying to get the truck to fire and still nothing. The gas guage reads a little less than a 1/4 tank so we go ahead and unplug the bulley dog. Still nothing.

Once I get the car back together we go to fire it up and all it want to do is spin. I am thinking the worse, I had to have bent some valves. So we move back to the truck hit it with some more ether and it starts to act like it wants to fire but still nothing. I move back to the car and after about five mins of cranking it, it cleans the plugs off. Whew.....

So the women and children are happy they have heat again and go ahead and run back to my buddies house. By this time another friend shows up to help with the truck. We finally get it to fire off the ether but it just dies after it wears off. So the other friend goes to get another can. 15 mins go by. We try to fire it off again but it's still only running off the ether. After a short debate I decide the damn fuel gauge has to be off.

We start heading to someones house to get a gas can and have to drive thru a bunch of flooded streets. We get some fuel come back and wow it fired right up. Go figure.

Now we are on the road again. What usually is a 10 min ride to his house turns into a 45 min ride finding a way there. I'm still @#%$#@$% freezing. I then pick up my wife and go home to find the water never came close.

I should have stayed my ass at home.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
damn bro, sounds like a long "10 minute" ride you had there. Good to hear taht everything is working on the TL though.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Well 4D, if it makes you feel better, I really enjoyed reading that post. Not because I like it when bad things happen to people, but because I really got into it and was imagining everything going on.

I called my parents today and asked them about the storm b/c I saw yall talking about how bad it is. Well we have water covering our yard and it's nearing the house. I might cry if we get flooded.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Dag Billy. That really sucks man. If you need anything give me a call. It's a little dryer on this side of the bridge. Downtown Norfolk is flooded from what I hear and part of my parking lot at my apartments is a little underwater and a tree is down. I'm right on the Elizabeth River and it has swollen up quite a bit. I hope the Cobra makes it since I had to move it on the other side of the complex.

That picture of the bay is crazy. I never imagined it would come up that high there.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a few good pictures yesterday. I'll post em up when I get home.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Damn man that sucks. Atleast you didn't get any water damage at your house though. I'm still waiting to hear what happened at Katie's mom's place

1 - 20 of 26 Posts