Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
That watts link will greatly help autox, BMR is coming out with a watts link "axle clamps" that is very well priced I want. I just got Koni "yellows" for $ 491.00 their mistake in price, I took advantage. Now I need to order J&M cc plates & rear springs. Got the tele number will call soon,Alan in sunny Seadrift,Tx.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah I'm pretty excited about the new BMR Watts. Seeing as all the other suspension I have (aside from coilovers since they don't make any) and probably will buy is from BMR, I'd like to have one whenever they get released.

In other news, the input shaft/bearings are imploding in my transmission so I'm probably going to have it pulled and built after I get the car back from paint. It'll be even longer until I get the car back in running shape so you can see it. :(

·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You do not need the OD :lol I still have my stock one and I've got 717rwhp. You can do a pulley, intake, tune, and O/R midpipe and put down 540-550ish, which should be plenty to keep you entertained for a while. Probably be 13ish lbs of boost with that setup.

·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nope. I'll build the engine and rear end eventually but I don't ever plan on doing an OD. If I find myself needing more power after the engine build, I'll do a Hellion compound boost TT kit. Make allllllllllllllllllllllllll of the powwwaaaaaaaaa :rockon

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've been in and driven high horsepower cars before but it isn't the same as owning one. You can never truly push someone's car as near as hard as you can push your own. Even 663rwhp is mind blowing to own. Plenty enough to **** with anything on the streets, at the drag strip, or on the road course with confidence. If you get beat, you won't even feel bad because you can say a probably built 700rwhp+ car beat you. You can still outrun 99.99% of cars on the road.
Right on. We get Mustangs in the shop every week that turn heads--some are done really well, and some are junk (we have one customer car we call the "batmobile" because of all the crap he's put on it), but when its your own, its different. It's even more special when you've built it yourself. But saving one from the crusher or chop shop...that puts it over the top.

·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ah alright. I'd probably put one on after headers lol.
Still say you're better off with basic mods and then making the jump to a bigger blower :yes

Spent hours last night researching builds LOL.
Nothing wrong with that :rockon

Right on. We get Mustangs in the shop every week that turn heads--some are done really well, and some are junk (we have one customer car we call the "batmobile" because of all the crap he's put on it), but when its your own, its different. It's even more special when you've built it yourself. But saving one from the crusher or chop shop...that puts it over the top.
I love having something different. I didn't want mine to be like every other GT500. I didn't want a drag strip racecar or a purely show toy. I didn't get rid of the iconic white stripes because I liked it better without them, I did it because it is different. Got Trueforged wheels because they're badass and because they aren't the Forgestars and Alcoa Supersnakes that every other GT500 has.

Being different is a fine line though. Gotta keep the car tasteful to where people go, "Holy ****, that's badass. Never seen one like it." not "Jesus ****ing christ, look at that ruined ****ing Mustang."

Just my opinion though I suppose. :dunno

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
Yeah I am gonna be doing basic and a blower swap, but also adding the OD couldnt hurt (probably be comboed with blower and headers). I've been lurking svtperformance a lot reading up on peoples builds. Wish more members here had GT500 builds lol

Already got a rough build plan in stages planned out! hahaha

I really want to pull the trigger on one now, but I have to wait a couple years.

Scofields car ^^ (black one)

·
Registered
470 Posts
THe really great project cars take years to plan and build. Notice I didn't say "finish." As for different, I catch a lot of hell from guys at my shop because I have a red GT convertible (they call it a girl's car). Well, I keep telling them that it's not their car, and now that the new engine is in, it's the center of attention. Mine was a project the day I bought it, three years ago.

I think the reason why you don't see many GT500 builds is because most people take care of them, and don't need to be rebuilt. Added to or modified, maybe. Yours is the exception...

·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah I am gonna be doing basic and a blower swap, but also adding the OD couldnt hurt (probably be comboed with blower and headers). I've been lurking svtperformance a lot reading up on peoples builds. Wish more members here had GT500 builds lol

Already got a rough build plan in stages planned out! hahaha

I really want to pull the trigger on one now, but I have to wait a couple years.

Scofields car ^^ (black one)
Do it :baller:

And yeah, I know it's Scofield's car. :spankit :spankit :spankit

What tranny fluid did you use?
Couldn't tell you. I had the shop do it with my clutch/flywheel/other crap and I didn't ask what they put in.

Schooper schweet Schelby, Schteeven.
Shpanks shou shcarley. One of these days it'll be done and we can meet up. Maybe at Royal Purple one Friday night.

THe really great project cars take years to plan and build. Notice I didn't say "finish." As for different, I catch a lot of hell from guys at my shop because I have a red GT convertible (they call it a girl's car). Well, I keep telling them that it's not their car, and now that the new engine is in, it's the center of attention. Mine was a project the day I bought it, three years ago.

I think the reason why you don't see many GT500 builds is because most people take care of them, and don't need to be rebuilt. Added to or modified, maybe. Yours is the exception...
All of my Mustangs have been projects. One does not simply leave a Mustang stock :lol And yeah, I know. It feels like one thing after another, as it has been for the last year. **** happens though. I'm fixing them all with upgrades and eventually, I won't have anything left to fix.

·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Did you keep your EGR or delete it?

If the latter, what was your process?
Didn't bother ****ing with it. It doesn't activate under throttle so I had no reason to really mess with deleting it. The process is simple as **** though. Remove it, cap off headers by welding or buying a cap, install the two factory bolts and a piece of oval metal onto the back of the supercharger. Not a big deal at all.

UPDATES ON THE CAR

Still in paint but there has been progress made.

:rockon

41 - 60 of 129 Posts