1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
hmm... inspect the thread a little more... you will see that the person who made it is still active on this site...

imo its a waste of time and money and just gives you that accomplished feeling

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
no offense to gf because i like him and he has helped me a lot. But that wont come into any use unless you are going like 100mph. PLUS its cheap

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
it really does nothing but give you cooler ambient temps, but it sounds really kool

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That might actually hurt the effects of the CAI. Because your forcing hot air into the engine. The cai alone is a better idea.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
That might actually hurt the effects of the CAI. Because your forcing hot air into the engine. The cai alone is a better idea.
its not short ram its a cold air ram intake... pulling air from in front of the car

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
how are you forceing hot air??? the hose it getting air from in front of your car

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
oh lordy lord sorry about that i completely did not look close enough to what the design is. Actually doesn't look half bad IMO id try it.. Get her on a dyno

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
oh lordy lord sorry about that i completely did not look close enough to what the design is. Actually doesn't look half bad IMO id try it.. Get her on a dyno
lol I would but i no longer own the car, it was modeled after a kit for the foxes that cost over 250 bucks

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
. It was virtually free and was easy. I did take a Saturaday afternoon and build it. It was actually a very fun project. I left in on my car for about 2 days and it worked fine. I drove my car at high speeds to see if I felt a difference. My butt dyno reported a bit more accelaration above 70 to 115. But of course, I'll never know for sure. But I will say this. It was just fun to do. It didnt hurt anything and was easy to take back off. What I really would like to do is someday take the front headlight out and route it straight in from there. Maybe it would work a tiny bit better at lower speeds.

·
2,356 Posts
GF-- I went really ghetto with it... I used a coffee can in the fenderwell to start. I just cut the end off and it worked great.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
GF-- I went really ghetto with it... I used a coffee can in the fenderwell to start. I just cut the end off and it worked great.
haha nice, I may do the same thing to my scion I need to do some fabbing on my airbox though

·
2,356 Posts
Creative backyard engineering FTW! Some things like NOS cant be messed with but something like a RAM kit can been done yourself with a little work. I think its cool. To many years of McGyver as a kid I guess. Saving $250 for another mod is smart.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Creative backyard engineering FTW! Some things like NOS cant be messed with but something like a RAM kit can been done yourself with a little work. I think its cool. To many years of McGyver as a kid I guess. Saving $250 for another mod is smart.
hell yeah, i mean now that I have my NOS kit I can fab stuff up for it like my blowdown tube was 12 bucks over 60

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i love fabbing stuff up that is cheap and helps performance

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a mig welder and im not to bad at it. it's fun to play with:)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
nice im broke though lol stupid college

1 - 20 of 57 Posts