Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was really bored and took off the Pypes Violators.... and WOAH!!! It was insainly loud! It is unbearable inside the car and i've never heard another car this loud... i know 350ci open midpipe but i've personally never heard a louder car...

They're going back on tomorrow, my ears cant take it.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
make an exhaust clip before you put them back on :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
you'll get used to it....lol

put some longtubes on and it will make it sound even better....and louder.

I will post a vid of mine one of these days.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i did it when I just had shortys and an o/r x pipe. I want to try it now with the LT's and supercharger.

·
Registered
400 Posts
when you drove did it feel like you lost a lot of power. It seemed like i didnt have any back pressure and was slow. I wonder if its any different with forced induction?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To answer all opinons and questions.

IT SOUNDS LIKE A FREAKIN NASCAR!!!! no joke!!!! if it were quite and 2 am, i gaurentee you could hear me for 2 miles away or maybe ever farther!!!! ITS SOOOO LOUD!

I will most def make a clip today!

supercharged03gt... it felt like i lost a considerable amount of low end TQ, it was very evident, but i felt it come back more in the upper rpms (3500 and above).

With FI, it would actually give you power (if im not mistaken). NA, small blocks realy need a full exhaust.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont pay full 100% of insurance... only about $500 a year, my rents pay the rest for me.

So when i'm out of HS and the title is signed over to me, i'm going to be doing some things. My mom wont let me run it like it is right now. She's a lawyer and doesnt like that stuff.

So when its mine, Cats are off, and i might run a catback w/o mufflers after the x.

I think its so annoying right now because the x dumps literally right between the front and rear seats, so it droans like crazy. But last night, i went under some bridges, and let me tell ya... i'm very very very impressed with this little 281ci. It was like standing next to a nascar as it revved and took off.

I'll get a sound clip of a buddy standing under a bridge and me flooring it through it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
hmm maybe this would help my spinning problem with loss of tq. haha. Im going to try it out again with the LTs and supercharger today and ill post if I still had a loss of power.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i do this sometimes too and neighbors hate it lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
you'll get used to it....lol

put some longtubes on and it will make it sound even better....and louder.

I will post a vid of mine one of these days.
Thats funny i put long tubes on my car last night and it made my car quite for some reason. Inside used to be load as hell but now its pretty quite.:dunno
But man my cars pulls alot harder now so i guess its not to bad kind of a good trade off I guess. OH and i have a mac prochamber to so i was really expecting it to loud.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think if you have a catback w/o mufflers and an extra bend or two, you wouldnt notice a loss in tq. This summer i'm going to be experimenting with a couple of variations.

I'm going to have an exhaust shop bend me some custom 2.5'' pipes with more bends than normal and i'll try running it w/o mufflers. It'll be just as loud as an open x... maybe louder. I might even add another x in the catback... the M55 FRPP exhaust for the termies have that and its the loudest exhaust in the world... louder than open LT headers... so idk. I'm gonna be experimenting though.

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
I think if you have a catback w/o mufflers and an extra bend or two, you wouldnt notice a loss in tq. This summer i'm going to be experimenting with a couple of variations.

I know when I took my stock GT mufflers off & added the SLPs & a K&N airfilter I definatley noticed a loss of low end torque. Before the switch I could put the car sideways in 1st & second & I mean you had to be on your toes or it could get out of hand. But after the swap I get it to spin in 1st & then about 10ft in 2nd. BIG DIFFERENCE!! I am hoping a X-CAL with a good tune will bring it back!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts