Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am fixing up my wrecked 96 mustang and i finally got it started. i got the new airbags in and got them hooked up. i dont have the radiator hooked up or the air intake yet so take that in to consideration. but when the car is on for about 20 seconds i will hear 4 or 5 loud beeps it will stop for a few seconds and beep again. anyone have this problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
radio is off and i dont have an alarm for my mustang, also it sounds like its coming from inside my dash under the radio or behind it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That might be some kind of security device. Is it a stock radio? Some aftermarket radios have a security option built into them. Or maybe theres a lojack device from the previous owner. :dunno

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also it beeps like 4 different times then doesnt do it again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol if i was i would have enough money to buy a new 5.0 or boss lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
It might have something to do with the P.A.T.S. system. Hell that bastard can shut our cars off, trust me I know. Its the factory security system.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got past that pats it wasnt letting me turn my car on at all but i found it and got some wire and went right throght it. i hate pats

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is your airbag light burned out? One reason for beeping is when the airbag light is burned out.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
^ +1

It's something to do with the airbag. I'm not sure how to get the code from the beeping, only from the airbag light flashing. The car will flash the airbag light or sound a series of beeps for airbag issues. Do a google search to try and decipher what it's trying to tell you.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
^ +2 Been there before, and it definitely sounds like the airbag module is either not seeing one of the sensors, or the light in the cluster is missing/burned out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
^ +3.. Sold my stang last summer and it did this. It Is something with the airbag. Most likely the module behind the radio

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
+4 My 98 v6 started beeping at me too and I noticed that the airbag light was out ( throws a code 12 all the time). I replaced the bulb in the gauge cluster and the beeping stopped

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Yea blue box behind radio. I just unplugged it, pulled the air bag bulb. If I wrecked my last cars I planned on not coming out alive lol. It will do it on start up and if you pay attention-- It will do it again about 30 mintues later. Beep beep beep....beep beep beep..... I say unplug it and fix it later. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts