Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I wanted to add a single turbo to my PI cam/ intake swapped GT . Was wondering what i should look for. I dont want to make over 350 hp so i just want a really simple turbo thats cheap but reliable, don't know where to start at really.

Side question also is the 70mm throttle body, Do they really make a difference on my gt. CAI/ PI intake/cams ... thats all thats done. was wondering if i see anything from the 70mm .

Thanks allot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
How much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max of 500-700 ish but if its a lil over that its fine

·
Registered
185 Posts
You wont be able to find a reliable turbo kit for that kinda money man.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Turbo kits run around 2500 give or take after the suspension modifications and the kit itself.

Minus a tune of course.

Your better off just spraying it

·
Registered
470 Posts
^ +1 what sharky said, he knows ALOT!

DONT go with the ebay turbo kits... i know a friend who has a buddy who has gone through a couple ebay turbo kits and 5 honda motors for his civic. My friend says with each try his buddy swears he has everything down right this time and its gonna work but everytime he makes it 10-20 miles and then kaboom lol. But thats why his buddy drives a civic and we here drive mustangs, a clear difference in honda/mustang drivers. And the friend that i know who told me the story about his buddy drives a pretty clean acura CL with only HID's because he's smart enough to not blow up his daily driver lol way off topic but i had to share it cuz it gave me a good laugh when i herd it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
^ +1 what sharky said, he knows ALOT!

DONT go with the ebay turbo kits... i know a friend who has a buddy who has gone through a couple ebay turbo kits and 5 honda motors for his civic. My friend says with each try his buddy swears he has everything down right this time and its gonna work but everytime he makes it 10-20 miles and then kaboom lol. But thats why his buddy drives a civic and we here drive mustangs, a clear difference in honda/mustang drivers. And the friend that i know who told me the story about his buddy drives a pretty clean acura CL with only HID's because he's smart enough to not blow up his daily driver lol way off topic but i had to share it cuz it gave me a good laugh when i herd it.
That happens because your buddy's an idiot, not because he drives a Honda. There are tons of Hondas out there that will run circles around most cars here.

OP: Check out On3Performance if you're really interested in a turbo. http://www.on3performance.com/

They're pretty cheap, and while there used to be some mixed reviews about them, they've done a lot recently to improve, and I've only heard good things about them lately.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lmao alright thanks. I was wondering some ranges that still not too bad. im mostly going turbo cause of allot of highway driving and was seeing if a used turbo from a car thats like stock would be alright. Sounds good tho. sounds like saving time haha.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
its your thing an all but why get a turbo kit if you dont want to make over 350hp?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
because i want more than Pi swap 220 rwhp and its a street car on a non built 4r70w....i want it to be a cool sounding swift DD....already have a 347 stroker 89 blown GT. Its teh secs .

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
because i want more than Pi swap 220 rwhp and its a street car on a non built 4r70w....i want it to be a cool sounding swift DD....already have a 347 stroker 89 blown GT. Its teh secs .
lol i want a turbo just for the sound too, imo its a waste of money since turbos arent cheap enough for the sound only but its all you bro bro

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what about the 70mm throttle body and new plenium, does anyone see gains from those alone added to the car. Was also going to get the Coils......err screamin demon .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts