Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turn signals on the 1990 Ranger went out.
I checked what I could think of:
-The lever works fine for all of the other functions
-Emergency flashers work
-All fuses are fine

When turn signal is activated, the lights don't flash on the inside or outside.

Any ideas?

Post 200! :D

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Many vehicles have separate flashers for the hazards and turn signals, I'd check that to be sure. Definately sounds like the most likely problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I check the flashers?

To add to the fact that I know little about cars in general, I know nothing about car electronics.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I don't know much about Rangers, but they're usually under the steering column close to the fuse panel. The flashers look like little metal cylinders, if you turn on your hazards you'll hear the flasher 'clicking'. If there is more than one you'll probably find the turn signal flasher next to it.

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
Turn your signal on and listen for a repetitive "click" timed perfectly with you signals on/off cycle. If nothing is heard go to a local parts store and purchase a new. They are cheap(les than 10 bucks). Pull the old one straight out of the fuse panel and plug the new one in and viola
Here is a pic of what it looks like.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I remembered seeing a cylinder that lookd like that, except it was blueish, and had a square nipple on top.

I assumed it needed replacing, so I didn't go back to check until my parents coughed up the $10 to fix it...
I went to fill up the truck today, and thought I would mess with it a little to see if that might fix it. The flasher wasn't there. I looked around, and found it on the floor. Put it back in, and it clicks like new.

Thanks for all your help, guys.

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
Stan27 said:
Well, I remembered seeing a cylinder that lookd like that, except it was blueish, and had a square nipple on top.

I assumed it needed replacing, so I didn't go back to check until my parents coughed up the $10 to fix it...
I went to fill up the truck today, and thought I would mess with it a little to see if that might fix it. The flasher wasn't there. I looked around, and found it on the floor. Put it back in, and it clicks like new.

:funnah Amazing how good something works when it is plugged in huh?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turp said:
Stan27 said:

:funnah Amazing how good something works when it is plugged in huh?
Amazing indeed... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts